It would be great to integrate a ECM server too!

ramoncio

I integrated Plone very easily some months ago in a test machine.
But lately I've found these two programs that look even better than Plone:

www.nuxeo.org
Very nice program. Looks great, I've installed it very easily in Windows and it's really good. I don't know if linux integration would be so easy... The roadmap looks very promising. But at the moment they only have english, german and italian languages, and adding a language doesn't look very easy...

www.magnolia.info
I haven't even made it work yet, there isn't much documentation. But I'd like to have a try (15 languages, spanish included). It is a very versatile and robust ECM engine.

lek

Re:It would be great to integrate a ECM server too

Hmm... i had not heard about this new CMSs. Good to know. Let me take a look on them.

ramoncio

Well, I think it would be wise to include in Elastix all the main programs a small-medium business could use. And there are many great linux php-mysql based programs! A CMS and document manager like Nuxeo is a must. Plone looks nice for intranet developing. And both look quite easy to integrate.
Magnolia is a very robust CMS and they are starting to use it in Spanish public administration in big deployments. But I wasn't able to install it in Windows Vista (maybe this was the problem!).
Elastix could be the whole server for many small business.You would get a more global product and differ from Trixbox and similars. You could multiply Elastix's users comunity.
It would be great to to include some backup program as bacula or backuppc, or maybe both of them: backuppc for network backups with a very nice web interface and bacula or some similar for tape or dvdr storage, if possible with a web interface too.
I think it is quite interesting to integrate a channel for bluetooth phones. I have seen chan_cellphone and chan_mobile channel modules in the asterisk svn trunk. I don't know wich is better or more stable, but maybe you can try them.
I can help with backuppc integration if you want. Bacula seems a bit harder to configure...
Anyway, as Developers focus on doing the hard part of hardening the asterisk and pbx for serious use and improving user interface, it would not be very time consuming to integrate some good gpl programs to fill the 700Mb cd.
Maybe later do some clustering, while versions and new features get more stable.
Improving web faxing would be nice too.
Avantfax or some similar program...
Maybe build your own...
Time will tell.<br><br>Post edited by: ramoncio, at: 2007/11/02 01:53

lek

Thanks for your suggestions ramoncio,

We're thinking in to integrate a Web based CMS but we have to solve the fact that we're also using the Web interface to administer Elastix. So, we have to think about how to do it in a organized fashion.

I think that nuxeo is a good option and chan_mobile or chan_cellphone seems to be good additions too.

Let's see what we can do ;)

ramoncio

Great!
I think that for many apps like nuxeo, backuppc, and many other nice web apps, you could just put a link in your extras menu and force it to open in a new window/tab. State clearly that you don't offer any support or warranty for them if you don't want to be invaded by questions.
About backuppc I'd like to say that it is very nice, quite easy to integrate BUT when backups are running you can have problems with monitoring calls, at least I had some in my PIII 1000 and just a couple of zap calls. You must configure the blackout periods to avoid backups overlap with pbx use. And of course, be very aware of disk use and don't backup too many computers as it may take a long time.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr