It is about time for a graphical install

ramoncio

I think you should take a look at the installation process.
I thought a graphical install would be included a lot of releases ago.
This would improve the first glance at elastix for newcomers, and wouldn't take too much space in the iso.

And maybe you could change also the problem that whatever keyboard you select at the first installation step, it defaults to us english. Or at least remove this step where you select the keyboard.
This has been a bug since the first Elastix versions I tried (around 0.6).

Thank you for your nice work

rafael

How much extra space would it take? The reason Edgar did not wanted to have a graphical installer was space usage.

About the bug, I would re-report the bug to developers.

Best Regards,

Rafael

ramoncio

It shouldn't take too much.
AsteriskNOW-1.5.0-beta1-i386-1of1.iso includes graphical install and it takes 580Mb.
But your iso is 600Mb. There are still 100Mb to fill the 700Mb CD. I think there is plenty of space.
I think for the future it is better to have a graphical installation and remove some other programs.
For example sugarcrm and vtiger could be installed by yum modifying the wrapper you use to import the databases.
Mmm. But this would take more bandwidth from the Elastix repository, maybe it is not a good solution.

danardf

Yes.
Maybe during the installation process, we should offer some packages, and we select only those that we need. (SugarCRM, Vtiger...etc)
Like that we can check Vtiger uncheck Sugar...etc

But i think that the graphical installation it's a good idea for me.

700Mo it's not the problem today!;)

rafael

About VTiger and Sugar I think you guys should give your opinion on this thread about making Elastix more modular.

I think that choosing group package at install could be something cool. Ip PBX, Fax Server, CRM, IM, etc...

About the repos of Elastix being slow we are thinking on having mirros and someone allready contacted me for that. What is stopping us form it is that we need to sign the packages with gpg so that we can be sure that the mirrors are keeping the same files.

I hope in the next couple of weeks we could have the first mirror of the repos.

Best regards,

Rafael

hightekhosting

I would agree...being able to choose packages on install would be great.

Saves installing features/packages that those of us would never use, but I think the option of installing later would also be suggested :)

Regards,

Dale

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mai Tuyen