It is a time to clean-up the Elastix interface!

chocho

Hello,
I use Elastix almost a year and I'm very pleased with it. It's start when my boss assign me a task to replace our analog Panasonic PBX with VoIP Asterisk based PBX. When I start research for the best possible solution it turned out that there is a dozens of a Asterisk distributions. And every time I test a new one, for some reasons I was going back to Elastix. Now I have a couple of client installations and they work marvellously.
But I think it's time to stop for a bit to develop new features and bring attention to clean-up this, that already are in Elastix. There is some of my suggestions:

1. In Group Permission I have to presume what is in the line.

2.In PBX menu I think that should be better to put 'Echo Canceller', 'Endpoint Configuration' and 'Extensions Batch' under 'Tools' submenu.

3. Update the lang file. ( Don't mention that already translated one is not included in the new releases. )

4. While AvantFAX is a great addition to Elastix, I think that default language must be English or there must be a way to switch in Elastix interface. ( Please do not offence, I just don't know a word of Spanish )

5. Maybe some updates on included in Elastix software ( i.e. IAXmodem have a 1.1.1 release )

6. Update FreePBX to 2.5 ( I understand that this will require a lot work, but this must be a priority ).

and so on.

And before you tell me that I must put all this in the bug tracker, I think that you should create your one, because that on sourceforge is a poorly monitored.

Please take my opinion like a wish to make Elastix more user friendly, it is not a offence.

Thank you!

hightekhosting

Well put Chocho.

I agree with you on alot of those matters and although I don't use the AvantiFAX setup but everything else should be brought up-to-date asap.

I'd hate to see Elastix become another program there is a huge hype over for some time then dies off.

Keep the updates going and productivity up and I think Elastix will remain a popular and efficient for years to come :)

chocho

raj

you can always include Aastra XML Scripts on the road map. by far the Elastix is the best Solution for IP PBX.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr