It is a time to clean-up the Elastix interface!

Discussion in 'General' started by chocho, Oct 25, 2008.

1. chocho

Hello,
    I use Elastix almost a year and I'm very pleased with it. It's start when my boss assign me a task to replace our analog Panasonic PBX with VoIP Asterisk based PBX. When I start research for the best possible solution it turned out that there is a dozens of a Asterisk distributions. And every time I test a new one, for some reasons I was going back to Elastix. Now I have a couple of client installations and they work marvellously.
    But I think it's time to stop for a bit to develop new features and bring attention to clean-up this, that already are in Elastix. There is some of my suggestions:

1. In Group Permission I have to presume what is in the line.

[​IMG]

2.In PBX menu I think that should be better to put 'Echo Canceller', 'Endpoint Configuration' and 'Extensions Batch' under 'Tools' submenu.

3. Update the lang file. ( Don't mention that already translated one is not included in the new releases. )

4. While AvantFAX is a great addition to Elastix, I think that default language must be English or there must be a way to switch in Elastix interface. ( Please do not offence, I just don't know a word of Spanish )

5. Maybe some updates on included in Elastix software ( i.e. IAXmodem have a 1.1.1 release )

6. Update FreePBX to 2.5 ( I understand that this will require a lot work, but this must be a priority ).

and so on.

And before you tell me that I must put all this in the bug tracker, I think that you should create your one, because that on sourceforge is a poorly monitored.

Please take my opinion like a wish to make Elastix more user friendly, it is not a offence.

Thank you!

2. hightekhosting

Well put Chocho.

I agree with you on alot of those matters and although I don't use the AvantiFAX setup but everything else should be brought up-to-date asap.

I'd hate to see Elastix become another program there is a huge hype over for some time then dies off.

Keep the updates going and productivity up and I think Elastix will remain a popular and efficient for years to come :)

3. chocho

4. raj

raj

you can always include Aastra XML Scripts on the road map. by far the Elastix is the best Solution for IP PBX.