Issue with huge number of dial plans

decoy

Hello,

I am new to Asterisk and Currently i'm testing Elastix, it's a very good distro :)

I'm working with two Carriers. One with low rates but works only in some States, and the other that calls to everywhere.

So i've mapped all the Area codes + prefixes that can be attended by my cheaper carrier, and put it on the first Outbound Route. The problem is that it totalizes 10993 entries in the route.

No problems of performance when dialing, everything works perfectly, except the "Apply Configuration Changes" on the PBX Panel. When i click it, takes at least five minutes to complete the request, and i saw in console that every time i apply any config, asterisk reinserts these 10993 entries in it's database again.

Here's an screenshot:

During this event the ping of the server becomes very unstable, no need to say that it affects the Active calls at the time :)

Does anybody know why is this happening? :)

Thanks in advance

dicko

Yep, it is self expanatory, 10993 transfers from the mysql database to the Asterisk database will take a lot of time. If you can parse your "Most Significant digits" uniquely at a higher level than countrycode/areacode do so, otherwise you are stuck.

You might want to investigate a proxy, or even another transitional asterisk box where those routes will largely be static, and send all your calls to that device.

gl1176

When doing semi-carrier services with 1000s of DIDs or greater, freepbx gui going to cut it. Asterisk is totally fine with this config, but Freepbx, which is what Elastix uses, was not designed to handle this in an effective manner. Freepbx is a PBX, just as Asterisk is, not a carrier grade softswitch, blah blah blah...

That being said, I have a customer running a custom Freepbx with more then 30K DIDs inbound on a single sever. I'm not happy with this, but thats what the custom can afford now, but runs great with a bit of customizing outside of Freepbx. I have build shell/php scripts to help parse files that are managed through the GUI, and write to the extensions_custom.conf on a reload.

They also have tons of telemarketing spam/spit inbound, and use the Freepbx Blacklists to manage this.

It works well. I hope you have done some homework before attempting to peer with carriers like read the book on Asterisk: http://www.asteriskdocs.org/ for starters. There's too much for one to mention in a single forum on carrier services like High Availability clusters and such, but with all that, I'd like to wish you good luck, and welcome to the forum.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marouen