issue with elastix channel bank (xorcom)

Discussion in 'Gateways' started by astrinux, Dec 11, 2010.

1. astrinux

Dear Sir

We have 3 channel bank and I am trying to make first one to work , I install Elastix 2 and in detect hardware it show me that I have hardware with 16 FXO and 8 BRI ISDN , I do nothing to detected it detect auto , I create an EXT 2222 and in inbound route I configure al incoming call to go to ext 222 when I call to an analogue line which are connected to FXO port the port blinking and keep ringing , it seems the channel bank does not rout the call to elastix , do I need to install any driver or do any things else to make my system work , is there any guid i can follow.

Regards

Ahmad

2. jedaustin

If the Astribank blinks showing the incoming call then the hardware side is set up properly (dahdi). You have not configured it correctly on the Asterisk side. The part I didn't see in your message is that you gave each channel a DID number; only PRI/VOIP provides asterisk with the called DID. Look in /var/log/asterisk/full to see what is going on when you're calling in. Check that the contexts and groups match in /etc/asterisk/dahdi*.
    JD