is it possiple elastix working when router is damg

tataghost

hello
now if the router is damaged not the internet the router it self i want elastix working well internal for all extensions can speak each other and any one can call the land line and hear the ivr then go to extension . now when the router is not exist or damaged could the elastix do routing or became dhcp server as it will be internal lan i really don't know so please for any replay i will be grateful

thanks

dicko

There is a problem with Asterisk that happens when you have domain based SIP trunks, (names not IP's) and you have no way of resolving those names (DNS) the system will appear to hang even if the call is local, because it can't find a DNS server, or the DNS server is unresponsive, I suggest you use IP addresses if possible for your SIP provider's servers, install dnsmasq ( a local caching DNS server) and look to these forums for a more detailed explanation and some other possible solutions that either will work or perhaps not.

tataghost

thanks for your replay

Now i have made webmain(local dns cach) for my elastix and i can open it by http://elastix ip:10000
but the question now diko when internet is down all trunks will hang as no replay from internet as there request so if is their any way script or i dont know what ,when internet is down all trunks are disabled and by this way with out internet elastix can work internally fine and with land line also fine what is your opinion ??

dicko

As I said, there are several possible solutions already posted here, use the search box function

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mehdii_igi