is it possible?

faisal

HI,

I just have one question that is it possible to configure asterisk so when SIP only call is initiated it will use G729 and for dadhi it will use ULAW or ALAW?

mean when local or interbranch calls use G729 but when calls go through dadhi interface it will use ULAW?

Regards,

Faisal

dicko

If your ordered codec preferences are g729,ulaw,alaw it will work as you ask as dahdi can ONLY use ulaw/alaw, and when you run out of g729 licenses the sip calls will fail-over to the next codec (g711)

faisal

thanks yes that is my order in sip_genereal_additional but i noticed most of the time it uses ulaw where i have 100 licenses available but it uses ulaw. or i think on phone i should change the order as well?
1st g729 then so on?
i got gxp2000 phones

dicko

Of course in the extensions also, its a matter of precedence (and of course starting with the endpoint (grandstream) preferences themselves) , my commiserations for your choice of grandstream though :) (JMPO)

faisal

Thank you again for quick reply I know it's not a great choice but it's matter of availability of some other brands and keeping the cost low.

Can you tell me some names of the phones which in your experience are batter then Grandstram then i will look for them for my next installations.

Regards,

Faisal

dicko

My preference is Aastra, they have their origination in the Nortel stable and have an effective xml backend server available for clever shit, , after that Linksys, cheap and reliable with a good "heft", I look for a substantial phone that doesn't float around the desk with a handset that weighs more than 3 grams and has decent acoustics,, It's all about user expectation, if it feels and looks cheap, it probably is.

faisal

thank you i am sorry for bothering you but just i noticed that FOP is crashing after every few minutes it restarts it self. Last thing which i done is installed freepbx customecontext module does it has any thing to do with it?

Faisal

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fpino