Is it okay to edit and modify elastix's HTML files

leemoreau

This might be a really stupid question since it's open source and all. Am I allowed to edit elastix's html files to change things around? Such as on the log in screen, changing it so it says welcome to users and so on?

I use Microsoft CRM as well and although I could edit the html files, it's not supported by Microsoft and doing so technically breaks your system and messes it up and so on. So just wanted to find out first before I do anything.

Also as a side note, is there a way to allow a user group to just have access to certain things in the PBX view? What I really want is for my users to be able to log in and change their follow me settings, but that seems to only be under PBX. I don't want them to be able to change anything else, so I don't wan tto give them access to PBX just to follow me. How do most people change it if not?

danardf

leemoreau said:
This might be a really stupid question since it's open source and all. Am I allowed to edit elastix's html files to change things around? Such as on the log in screen, changing it so it says welcome to users and so on?
Why not. The windows login, you could change it.
Anyway, you could modify anything about the template, theme, even the code, but this last should be shared at the Elastix community. (open source).
Sometimes, I modify some templates to try to improve Elastix.

Also as a side note, is there a way to allow a user group to just have access to certain things in the PBX view? What I really want is for my users to be able to log in and change their follow me settings, but that seems to only be under PBX. I don't want them to be able to change anything else, so I don't wan tto give them access to PBX just to follow me. How do most people change it if not?
I don't know where, but this thread was already existing in the forum.
Use the "Searsh Forum" to find it.

Regards

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti