iPhone Virtual Voicemail Like

Discussion in 'General' started by sfrazier9999, Aug 26, 2007.

1. sfrazier9999

This would be similar to iPhone's Virtual Voicemail. It could be used on any Cell Phone that does MMS.

(I am not a programmer)

Write a program like in Perl that cron could run every minute that would loog at the:

/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/.... mailbox folders and read each voicemail subdirectory's msgXXXXX.txt file.

It would then email that person's voicemail as an MMS message to their cellphone carrier's MMS Gateway.

The user would get a MMS message with the Voicemail already on the phone and if the results of the mailbox folders were re-written so it would show who the email was from he/she could scroll down each of their MMS (voicemails) and decide which ones to listen to first.

I realize that you can simply send them to your email and if you have a phone that gets email you can then download the voicemail, but this way you would get it right away and be able to listen to it without having to download it since MMS messages downloads to your phone upon receipt of your message.

Just a thought and it would be very similar to the Vistual Voice Mail iPhone user's have today, we could have it on a regular Cell Phone ... any cell phone that does MMS.

Just a thought.

2. surfpoet

I haven't verified this as my Verizon blackberry does not support mms, but let us know if it works.

Found this note on the web: Both Verizon and Cingular (in the US) support email -> mms. cingular: xxxxxxxxxx@mms.mycingular.com, verizon: xxxxxxxxxx@vzwpix.com