IP Phones Compatible with Elastix?

mattscaffa

Hello all,

I have been using strictly cisco IP Phone 7980 with tftp with no problems. I have a client that did not want to spend the money, so i tried the cisco spa303. I cannot get this to connect to the elastix server, message is "initializing network" will not connect.

Has anyone had success with a cisco spa303?

Is there a list of compatible phones?

I usually use TFTP to configure, maybe I am not setting up the phone correctly.

Funny thing is if I plug the phone into my data network it picks up an ip address, when I plug into the voice network it will not pick up an ip address. both networks have a dhcp server, but the data is on a domain where the voice is not, voice has a windows dhcp server, i can see the dhcp reservation in the dhcp section of the server it picks up the sepxxxxxxxxxxx but phone is stck on initializing network.

Thanks in advance for any help or direction.

Matt Scaffa

thegio

Hope you have resolved this issue. But in case you haven't then my problem has usually been that the DHCP has issued a IP number that some other device is using, usually manually configured.

akldjian

Is there a route from your voice network to your data network. If you have your TFTP on your data network, your phone has to get to it from the voice network.

Andrey

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti