Intigration with external Database.

Discussion in 'General' started by jimikid2002, Dec 9, 2009.

1. jimikid2002

Hi all,

I am not sure whether it is the right forum to ask, but I really need some help/idea. I installed elastix in a office (small leasing company)for plain vanilla office PABX usage. It is working fine, all soft phone setup so no hassle at all. Now the office want to turn it into a call center with 30/35 agents, apart from standard features, they need following features,

1. Call recording.
    2. Agent reports.
    3. CTI Pop-up with detailed customer info against their account number.

Problem is they have their own-developed CRM which uses ORACLE and SQL database, all customer info need to be queried out of these databases and view on the pop-up. Customers will enter their account number and TIN (Telephony Identification Number) upon IVR prompt and the IVR/System need to run these queries itself.

Is it possible using Elastix or any associated module/customization/configuration?

I know few other products (Nortel, avaya, Genesys) that are very expensive and uses proprietary hardwares. Is there any product (either free/paid) which can do these with Elastix?

Regards

Jimi

2. haamed

You can send HTTP request to many CRM solutions..
    and there are many programs for astrisk as a soft phone that when you get call with theme they can send http request with caller id as parameter,
    you can found these programs on sourceforg.org

3. jimikid2002

Hi Haamed,

Thanks for your reply. My problem is, caller ID is not actual identification for caller. He/She will give their 'Account no' (11 digits) and a secret pass (4 digits) by pressing numbers on phone (i.e. sending DTMF), which need to be verified against an oracle database.

Any idea or information will be very helpful for me.

Regards
    Jimi

4. haamed

Hmmmm..
    in this case.. you should do programming on asterisk.
    you can write AGI program on astreisk, you can start with JAVA or PHP, You can write your own IVR, for example you can get digits from user and run query and say response, or any thing you want.

to know how can start.. you can post in Asterisk & Programming forum that i am it's admin, i will help you to program on asterisk..

good luckB)

5. jimikid2002

I will post this problem on your forum. Thanks a lot for your help.
    regards
    Jimi

6. haamed

Your welcome
    i will share my experience

7. adnen

hello friends

i ask if the task of integration with external database oracle succeedss,

f yes , how do both of you deal haamed and jimikid2002

thanks and degards

8. jennymoore

Hi,

A quick solution I can recommend is through a CTI. For this you can check out Tenfold. Essentially, it offers features like click to dial, call pop up, etc. Here's a link to their integration https://www.tenfold.com/integrations/elastix/