interconnect video survillance with elastix

Discussion in 'General' started by mjvd87, Nov 18, 2010.

1. mjvd87

Hello,

I have a project in my university that consist interconnect a video surveillance with asterisk, and I choosed the elastix. The surveillance cameras was connected to a windows PC with geovision surveillance system for windows. The elastix is in other PC for this purpose. I just setup video support to video calls over the elastix and works. Now, I need stream the video of geovision surveillance to asterisk. With a client of asterisk, a softphone or a video phone, I should be able to view all content of video survillance cameras through the asterisk. Who can find me a tutorial or help me??

I just researched about, and find:

app_rtsp
    Appliaction to inject media content from a streaming server or network camera into Asterisk.

But I can't find more about that..

any ideas?

Many thanks...

Mário Dias

2. danardf

Hi.

In absolute, it's possible, but in the reality, it's not very easy. To many compil problems.
    Try to find some post in this Forum (even in French), and you will see that's pretty hard to do it.
    I don't know a guy that had a succes with this.

Any way, if you have a solution..... let us know. ;)

Link HERE But in french. (Use Google translate). ;)

3. Lee Sharp

The big problem is packaging your geovision stream. They are proprietary and locked down, so geting something out of it that you can use will be the challenge. It might be less work to change to a open source DVR solution like ZoneMinder. Even with the cost of the card included. (The GeoVision capture card is also proprietary and locked down)

4. mjvd87

Yes.. I know.. but if I make stream of the screen (desktop stream) how various streaming software allow to do, and put geovision in full screen, and the content of screen I send via streaming to asterisk. Assuming that I make in this way,can you help me to stream to asterisk?? Can you give me a tutorial to help me ? What the software that you advice to stream to asterisk?? In this conditions (capturing the desktop content)

sorry for my poor english. I hope that you understand my idea.

Thanks..

5. Lee Sharp

It has been a while since I was with the zoneminder project. So my video streaming skills are way down... But, if you can capture the stream to a linux box, and pipe it to a virtual v4l device, then the phone software should just see it as your camera. Then you have to set it up to auto-call in, or auto-answer, and you will get the sound and video defined.

This is not a trivial project.

Cool, but not trivial.