Intercom interupts phone call

Discussion in 'General' started by tsmith, Apr 7, 2010.

1. tsmith

I am having an issue - When a user is on the phone, and someone intercoms them, the call is put on hold and the intercom comes through... How can I make it so the intercom doesn't do this...

Phones are spa962

I have this setup a little odd though - a usesr is ext 221, and their intercom is 3221. I made 2 extensions because when the press line6 (labeled intercom) it add *80 in front of the extension they dial (or hit a dss button) - and when it was the same extension, then the next call would be made from line6(intercom) and not line 1.

Help!

2. dicko

If you have set "Force If Busy" in the intercom group, it will Force IF Busy, you should check that setting. :)

dicko

3. tsmith

Thanks for the quick reply...

you have two terms mixed up. Page group and intercomm.

Page groups have that set. and the pages don't interupt the call.
    It's when another user intercomms them that the call is interupted.

4. dicko

Perhaps not quite entirely, the intercom code calls the paging code, one check before the resultant paging call is made is to call the asterisk function ChanIsAvail on the extension, if you have call waiting enabled then the call will will be placed as the Channel IS available, if you don't want the "bypass" intercom function you can turn call waiting on and off at your whim.

dicko

5. tsmith

Well, I disabled call waiting for the main extension (ext 212 and 3212 reside on this phone) but the intercam call to 3212 came through when I was connected to a call with the lines associated with 212...

6. dicko

That's because the Channel was available, you would have to put DND on 3212 under those circumstances to prevent the bypass or intercom 212.

7. tsmith

That makes sense.... Here's my problem - I hope you can help...

We came from a comdial system... Everyone is used to intercomming people by just pressing a button...

I have spa962 phones with a sidecar everywhere (18 phones). I setup the line6 button to append *80 to whatever they dial.. This way, they can hit the line6 button (labeled Itcm) and then hit the button for "joe" on the sidecar. Works great... Problem being, Line6 logs on the asterisk server last, and now all incomming calls come into the line6 button on the phone, thus preventing the user to transfer the call, because it wants to put *80 infront of anything.....

So, thats why I made another ext (3+ext#) for everyone, and used that logon info for line6 buttons.... and the button's are set to put *803 at the front....

Is there anyway to do what I want?? (This is my first asterisk).

8. dicko

It's always hard to 100% replicate another PBX's expected features, but with a bit of effort a close approximation can be done, Maybe

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/SPA-962

will give you a clue and the INTERCOM button just dials *80 (no dial terminator) and then a BLF programmed button? Anyway, good luck.

dicko