Instructions for installing a new Voice Pack?

Discussion in 'General' started by GeoRu, Feb 6, 2011.

1. GeoRu

I have downloaded a voice pack from here:

http://www.gmvoices.com/solutions/detail/asterisk/

The download gives me nine folders containing audio files in different formats. I want to install the folder that contains files in the ".sln16" format. (I have read that these are the best quality.) The folder is not zipped or compressed, it's just a normal folder with a bunch of audio files and sub-folders within it.

Where can I find step-by-step instructions that explain how to install these files?

How do I transfer the files to the server? Do I do this via the Elastix web interface? Do I need to transfer them from a disc and use terminal commands? Do I need to zip them first?

Do I need to delete the default files or will I be able to upload these to the server and select them as the desired voice pack?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. mm.alpha2k

up with winscp, in the / var / lib / asterisk / sounds /
    Then place the folders of the voices in their respective folders

3. GeoRu

Has anyone used this voice pack from www.gmvoices.com/solutions/detail/asterisk/ ?

It sounds much better than the defaults sounds but what I don't understand is how I am supposed to replace the default set without manually remapping each and every file. The names do not match up. It sounds like gmvoices put a lot of work into recording these sounds, I cannot imagine that they would just arbitrarily rename all the files to names that cannot be auto replaced. Does anyone have any experience with this?

4. danardf

Hi.

Maybe it's only to improve the current Asterisk voices and not to replace them. :huh:
    If there's no common file, then it's an add on, of course.

In another hand, i'm sad that there's no voice in my language. But, like on this web site, comming soon. I hope. :)