Installing php-my-admin in Elastix

Discussion in 'General' started by jessie, Jul 8, 2010.

1. jessie

Just like to post encountered issue in installing phpmyadmin in Elastix 2.0.0 Release Candidate 3.

Hence Phpmyadmin 3.x don't work due to PHP version, I used 2.11.10 Phpmyadmin version. I just thought I get it done, unfortunately it broke the Elastix Web Login interface. It will show you empty page.

Anyone had encounter the same problem?

Regards,

Jessie

2. Patrick_elx

where did you installed your phpmyadmin?
    Are you sure that you did not overwrite some of the Elastix files?

3. jessie

I simply follow my "best friend" Elastix without Tears. The directory is in /usr/src.

4. Patrick_elx

Phpmyadmin has some files somewhere else than in the www folder???
    I'm just wondering if your standard install of phpmyadmin did not erase or replace some files in the var/www/html/ folder.

I've installed it long time ago and I can't remember how I did it, but I made sure that it was in its own /html/phpmyadmin folder.

5. dicko

And just to butt in on Patrick's guidance , if you put it in /var/www/html/phpmyadmin or any number of common variations, you have exposed yourself to many drive-by's and will probably get penetrated unless you also change the default permissions logins and passwords. The trouble is that the code leaks the root/eLaStIx.2oo7 login on localhost (which is "well known" ) to the world by default.

Check your /var/log/httpd/* files for evidence of those attempts, even before you successfully install it (that will show many of you that the threat is real)

grep -E "phpmy|myphp" /var/log/httpd/*

for a 10000 foot example on any production server.

I suggest you put it in /var/www/html/zzyzzx or something instead, and carefully lock it down, in other words heed the warnings, caveats and provisos of the publishers themselves.

JM2CWAE

dicko

6. Patrick_elx

You're right dicko. Any additional software that you add to your system is a potential security breach. Don't forget to change all the mysql passwords...

7. rafael

Re: Re:Installing phpmyadmin in Elastix

other option could be to activate or deactiviate phpmyadmin when needed like
    To deactivate
    chmod a-r /var/www/html/phpmyadmin

To activate

chmod 755 /var/www/html/phpmyadmin

regards,

Rafael