Installing Elistix on Ubuntu / Debian

stefanmcdsmnt

Pelase i can install elstix program into debian or ubuntu?

ramoncio

No. Elastix is a CentOS based full distro, and at the moment nobody has tried to port it to Debian, AFAIK.

rafael

The closest to this is installing Elastix over a Virtualbox machine. If all you want to do is testing that would be ok.

In the spanish mailing list, someone sometime said they where going to port Elastix to Debian, but we haven't have news about it.

Regards,

Rafael

stefanmcdsmnt

ok thank to rafael

ashishkhaware

Let me know if it is possible to install Elastix on ubuntu without using virtualization

Awesomo

ashishkhaware said:
Let me know if it is possible to install Elastix on ubuntu without using virtualization
No. End of discussion. It is not possible.

If you want to use Elastix, learn to like Red Hat distro's. There is a good reason why everyone is using Cent OS over Debian for their packaged solutions.

Lee Sharp

I am a big Ubuntu user, and it fills out data center. But I was unable to find ANY way to get a reliable Asterisk system running on Ubuntu. This includes everything up to compiling everything yourself, which kind of defeats the purpose... Just get the distribution and accept the fact that centos puts everything in the wrong place. ;)

danardf

RedHat, Debian, Centos, Gentos, Suse, Mandriva...etc.
Everything is Linux.
Ok Centos not use the last Linux kernel... and then?

Elastix works well.
Yes, ok, sometimes, some Eth devices aren't detected. But on the other distro too. :huh:

Regards :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marouen