Installing Elastix for the first time - PBX page

Discussion in 'General' started by cipit, Sep 30, 2010.

1. cipit

Hi i am brand new to elastix.
    So i may be missing some important points here.
    I have just recently installed version 2.0 to a VM to be used in conjunction with a portech mv-374.
    I have downloaded the elastix without tears, and gone through the first stages for installation.

So to my problem. I have installed elastix, inputted passwords, and have it all setup on static, etc.
    I can access the web interface fine.
    Until i try to get to the pbx and freepbx pages. on the PBX page it just displays nothing at all, and i then have to close my browser to relogin to the interface.
    And the freepbx page displays "Fatal Error, DB error: Connect failed"
    Can anyone please advise me here, on what i have done wrong, and what i need to do to get this working.
    Any help would be great.

2. Lee Sharp

Is the database running? Did you do any changes to my.conf?

You should see something like this...
    Code:
    [root@pbx ~]# ps -ef | grep my
    root      2456     1  0 Sep29 ?        00:00:00 /bin/sh /usr/bin/mysqld_safe --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock --log-error=/var/log/mysqld.log --pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid --user=mysql
    mysql     2506  2456  0 Sep29 ?        00:00:01 /usr/libexec/mysqld --basedir=/usr --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid --skip-external-locking --socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
    root     19803  3226  0 11:52 pts/0    00:00:00 grep my

3. Reckless

4. cipit

Cheers thanks for the help