Installation problem with the 32Bit Version 2 RC2

Discussion in 'General' started by gbrook, May 10, 2010.

1. gbrook

Hope this right place - can not see another suitable area

Have burnt the iso on 3 different drives but I keep getting the same error when trying to install after tell it to boot from CD/DVD

ISOLINUX 3.11 blah blah
    Could not find kernel image: linux
    boot:

Any suggestions
    Garry

2. rollinsolo

I have the same problem, someone said they removed the battery or (changed) on the motherboard, I think this will just reset cmos as well, try that, I downloaded and burned about 4 of them and tried to no avail.

3. gbrook

HHhhmmm,

Not a very old PC with Elastix 1.6 already running on it - removed battery and reset CMOS -> no difference

Downloaded a new copy of ISO and burnt new discs -> no difference

Anyone??

Garry

4. dicko

I suggest both you guys fully document the particular hardware that doesn't work and post it to the Beta list, please understand what exactly a beta is, it is up to you guys to get it to production, and it should never be assumed to be ready for production until it is finalized.

I would normally suggest you check the md5sum of your downloaded images against the posted one but I personally can't find that either, as you both multiply downloaded it, as stop-gap measure

md5sum <the various images>

if they are all different, there may be a problem, if as I suspect they are all the same, then QED, it is a hardware incompatibility problem, and needs reporting. If two of the md5sums are the same, use either one, they will both have integrity, thats just the way md5sum works.

dicko

5. rafael

if the md5 are right. it would be nice to know if you can install centos 5.4

6. gbrook

Hi,

Downloaded a 3rd copy - burnt a new disk and it worked so I don't know

Version 2 seems OK so far

Cheers
    Garry

7. dicko

Rafael:

Maybe I'm missing something here, (or maybe Palosanto is) but at:-

http://sourceforge.net/projects/elastix/files/

there are no md5sums posted there, where can we find them if you don't post them with the iso's :)

regards

dicko

8. Mathiau

i just had to download 1.6 x32 4 times to get a disk that would install finally, tested them in a VM first and they all stalled at the first ISO LINUX line and wouldnt go past that.