Installation problem with FreePBX

amit

Hi All,

I have downloaded FreePBX-2.5.1, but when i install it then at the terminal i receive following message with error -

Checking for PEAR DB..OK
Checking for PEAR Console::Getopt..OK
Checking user..OK
Checking if Asterisk is running..running with PID: 23501..OK
Checking for /etc/amportal.conf..OK
Reading /etc/amportal.conf..OK
Checking for /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf..OK
Reading /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf..OK
Using asterisk as PBX Engine
Checking for Asterisk version..1.4.24
Checking for selinux..OK
Connecting to database..FAILED
[FATAL] mysql PHP libraries not installed

If i check the log then following message view -

[Sep 24 09:35:32] WARNING[23574] db.c: Unable to open Asterisk database '/var/lib/asterisk/astdb': Permission denied
[Sep 24 09:35:32] WARNING[23574] db.c: Database unavailable
[Sep 24 09:36:07] NOTICE[23603] cdr.c: CDR simple logging enabled.
[Sep 24 09:36:07] NOTICE[23603] loader.c: 152 modules will be loaded.
[Sep 24 09:36:07] WARNING[23603] res_smdi.c: No SMDI interfaces are available to listen on, not starting SMDI listener.
[Sep 24 09:36:07] ERROR[23603] chan_misdn.c: Unable to initialize mISDN
[Sep 24 09:36:07] NOTICE[23603] chan_ooh323.c: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--- ******* IMPORTANT NOTE ***********
---
--- This module is currently unsupported. Use it at your own risk.
---
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Sep 24 09:36:07] ERROR[23603] chan_ooh323.c: OOH323 Listener Creation failure. OOH323 DISABLED
[Sep 24 09:36:07] WARNING[23603] app_cbmysql.c: Unable to load config for CBMySQL: cbmysql.conf
[Sep 24 09:36:07] WARNING[23603] res_config_mysql.c: MySQL RealTime: No database user found, using 'asterisk' as default.
[Sep 24 09:36:07] WARNING[23603] res_config_mysql.c: MySQL RealTime: No database password found, using 'asterisk' as default.
[Sep 24 09:36:07] WARNING[23603] res_config_mysql.c: MySQL RealTime: No database host found, using localhost via socket.
[Sep 24 09:36:07] WARNING[23603] res_config_mysql.c: MySQL RealTime: No database name found, using 'asterisk' as default.
[Sep 24 09:36:07] WARNING[23603] res_config_mysql.c: MySQL RealTime: No database port found, using 3306 as default.
[Sep 24 09:36:07] WARNING[23603] res_config_mysql.c: MySQL RealTime: No database socket found, using '/tmp/mysql.sock' as default.
[Sep 24 09:36:07] ERROR[23603] res_config_mysql.c: MySQL RealTime: Failed to connect database server asterisk on (err 1045). Check debug for more info.
[Sep 24 09:36:07] WARNING[23603] res_config_mysql.c: MySQL RealTime: Couldn't establish connection. Check debug.
[Sep 24 09:36:07] NOTICE[23603] config.c: Registered Config Engine mysql
[Sep 24 09:36:07] WARNING[23603] chan_iax2.c: Unable to open IAX timing interface: No such file or directory
[Sep 24 09:36:07] ERROR[23603] codec_dahdi.c: Failed to open /dev/dahdi/transcode: No such file or directory
[Sep 24 09:36:07] NOTICE[23603] pbx_ael.c: Starting AEL load process.
[Sep 24 09:36:07] NOTICE[23603] pbx_ael.c: AEL load process: calculated config file name '/etc/asterisk/extensions.ael'.
[Sep 24 09:36:07] NOTICE[23603] pbx_ael.c: AEL load process: parsed config file name '/etc/asterisk/extensions.ael'.
[Sep 24 09:36:07] NOTICE[23603] pbx_ael.c: AEL load process: checked config file name '/etc/asterisk/extensions.ael'.
[Sep 24 09:36:07] NOTICE[23603] pbx_ael.c: AEL load process: compiled config file name '/etc/asterisk/extensions.ael'.
[Sep 24 09:36:07] NOTICE[23603] pbx_ael.c: AEL load process: merged config file name '/etc/asterisk/extensions.ael'.
[Sep 24 09:36:07] NOTICE[23603] pbx_ael.c: AEL load process: verified config file name '/etc/asterisk/extensions.ael'.
[Sep 24 09:36:07] WARNING[23603] chan_mgcp.c: Failed to bind to 0.0.0.0:2727: Address already in use
[Sep 24 09:36:07] WARNING[23603] chan_skinny.c: Failed to bind to 0.0.0.0:2000: Address already in use
[Sep 24 09:36:07] ERROR[23603] pbx_dundi.c: Unable to bind to 0.0.0.0 port 4520: Address already in use

Please help me for solving this problem.........

Regards,
Amit

dicko

Amit:

It sounds like you are trying to run before you can walk.

Until you can answer your questions yourself (the errors you see are largely self explanatory) , I suggest you restrict yourself to the Elastix Web Interface as to updating or installing anything.

(Start by reading "Elastix Without Tears", twice)

amit

Yes, you are absolutely right.

But it is very urgent for me to install quickly.
I would like to inform you that some errors have been resolved as mention in the log file. But one main error "Database connection Failed" is not solved. I think there is not PHP-MySQL driver found. But could you suggest me how can i solve this problem.

For your information, i am using Red-Hat and already installed PHP5, MySQL and Apache.

One more think, if i test database (MySQL) connection using PHP then connection is success in the eclipse.

Regards,
Amit

dicko

Amit:

If it's "urgent" and you are trying to install asterisk, apache, FreePBX and, god forgive, Elastix, piecemeal over "redhat" (whatever you mean by that), then you are in the wrong place, Elastix is a "complete" turnkey solution based on the Centos linux distribution (which is a re-branded RHEL) with a whole slew of additional stuff, it has all you need and probably much more!. If you want to continue your approach, maybe try FreePBX and astlinux, which are way more stripped down.

If it VERY urgent, Assume the bent over position, accept you are out of your depth, Read "Elastix Without Tears" (twice), install Elastix from the iso, ( two hours tops ) and be up and running in 8.3% of the twelve days you have been posting here, (most others have done it quicker). :)

Lack of preparation on your behalf is unlikely to cause deep concern in others B)

regards

dicko

Chilling_Silence

+1 for Dickos thoughts ;)
Why do you need that version of FreePBX so badly anyway?

Edit: Agreed, read the book, twice :D

donhwyo

Not sure if it will work or be any better than what you are trying but look for the install to centos (CentOS2Elastix). It is an older version but if you get it installed you can probably upgrade with yum. I hope the server you are working on is not a production version. You will run into lots of problems I think. Sure not something I would want to have to do under need it now conditions. Good luck.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ela...1.2/Elastix-1.2-stable-05sep2008.iso/download

Don

PS: Look at this too.
http://www.elastix.org/index.php?op...mid=27&id=how-to_install_elastix_from_centos5

PPs: You better have good backups if you try this.B)

amit

Thanks for yours suggestion.
Yes, I am fully agree with yours mentioned points.

Here I am also mention that I install elastix for development (customize its code as our requirement). So, give me suggestion, how could I start installation and further steps?

As mentioned about book "Elastix with out tears", for your information, I have started to read this book.

Regards,
Amit

dicko

Amit:

With respect. I suggest you take these steps (most folks do):

Read "Elastix Without Tears" (cover to cover),
get a box,
burn an Elastix iso (you're obviously ballsy, get the beta),
put the iso in the box,
reboot the box (to the cdrom),
read the screens and answer as appropriate,
wait till it's all done . . . .and reboot (without the cdrom in the drive)
et voila!, you have Elastix! (you can even set it up from winblows!)
Please spend all those idle moments reading "Elastix Without Tears" again,
Set up your trunks, extensions, IVR's, Conferences, etc. etc.
(you will find out how to do that in the aforementioned document)
Call yourself on your cell phone from one of your extensions,
Congratulate yourself on a job well done!
Let us know when you get that far,

See your done, and it took less than three hours.

As to "further steps",
Make an image of the system, (so when you break things you can save doing all those steps again)
Customize all of the above to your satisfaction (without breaking it),
(that takes longer)

regards

dicko

amit

thanks dicko.

Now I am follow the following steps -
1. Install centOS 5.3
2. Download Elastix (iso format) and burn it to a CD.
3. Install Elastix on centOS.

Please correct me, if I am wrong at any place.

Regards,
Amit

dicko

Amit:

PLEASE RTFM!!

you do NOT need:

>1. Install centOS 5.3

again PLEASE read "Elastix Without Tears". . . . . . . . . . . . .

:( :angry:

amit

Hi dicko,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I would like you to inform that I have successfully installed Elastix (CentOS2Elastix), without install cetOS 5.3 :)

But, I am facing one another problem :( that OS (centOS) used by elastix is CLI but I need GUI based because I will customize some elastix's GUI related thing and other development. That's why I was install centOS 5.3 first.

So,

1. Can I first install centOS 5.3 and then install elastix?

2. Is it must that elastix install on centOS only or we can install it any other linux OS like RedHat, Fedora etc?

Regards,
Amit

dicko

amit said:
Hi dicko,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I would like you to inform that I have successfully installed Elastix (CentOS2Elastix), without install cetOS 5.3 :)

But, I am facing one another problem :( that OS (centOS) used by elastix is CLI but I need GUI based because I will customize some elastix's GUI related thing and other development. That's why I was install centOS 5.3 first.

So,

1. Can I first install centOS 5.3 and then install elastix?

2. Is it must that elastix install on centOS only or we can install it any other linux OS like RedHat, Fedora etc?

Regards,
Amit
First off, you are fundamentally wrong, you HAVE installed Centos 5.3, you did it when you installed Elastix.

I also pleaded with you to RTFM, the FM is "Elastix Without Tears"

You obviously have decided to pass on that. so bluntly,
the answers to your questions are:
1 = NO (at least, you wont be able to)
2 = YES

I will also bluntly ask if as you state:

. . . but I need GUI based because I will customize some elastix's GUI related thing and other development . . .

Have you any idea what you are doing? and Have you any idea how a real OS (linux) works?
Do you realize that a GUI is TOTALLY unnecessary for you to do any of what you want?

If your honest answers to all three above questions is no, (and I suspect it should be), then a one-liner:

yum -y groupinstall "X Window System" XFCE-4.4 "Development Libraries" "Development Tools" && startxfce4

will at least give you half a chance of messing things up in a GUI.

amit

Hi dicko,

First I would like you to inform that I have started to read "Elastix without tears" and parallel I install elastix.

I want to install centOS 5.3 first and then install elastix (ref - http://www.elastix.org/index.php?option ... om_centos5) because for further development in elastix (mainly GUI part that is php file of elastix), I will use eclipse IDE and other supportive software. So that I need GUI linux.

Regards,
Amit

dicko

Amit:

Then I am sorry We wasted our time here, I guess you missed my

yum -y groupinstall "X Window System" XFCE-4.4 "Development Libraries" "Development Tools" && startxfce4

bit. Which means 'install a GUI' then 'start it'. (you get to work out what the "&&" means in a bash shell)

One can either add a GUI to Elastix (which is, in basis, that trivial one-liner I gave you), or you can add Elastix to a GUI, which is IMHO totally bass ackwards, you choose the later, I believe you chose the long way home.

But anyway,

Good Luck.

dicko

amit

Hi dicko,

First, I thanks to you for your suggestions.

I am trying to run your command (yum -y.....)

Regards,
Amit

donhwyo

Here is how I installed gui to elastix. Not sure if that dependency has worked itself out yet or not so you may not need to do that step. Its been a while since I installed the gui.

http://www.elastix.org/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=55&func=view&catid=3&id=6075#14050

There are plenty of tools for working on linux without a gui. Putty will let you get a command line interface from windows. Winscp lets you see and open files ~like windows explorer. Since you seem to like challenges there is also something similar to remote desktop too. Dicko will be glad to help with that I am sure.B) There may be mac versions of these too if that is what you use. You can actually get by nicely without the gui.

Don

amit

Hi donhwyo,

I have one doubts (but not sure because I have not so much knowledge about Linux)here about your suggested tools (like Putty, Winscp) that if there is not GUI linux then can we run eclipse IDE on this linux machine?

Regards,
Amit

amit

Hi dicko,

First of all thank you very much for your all valuable suggestions.

I am very happy to inform you that I have successfully installed Elastix on CentOS (already installed) :)

For this first I installed CentOS 5.3 and then follow http://www.elastix.org/index.php?option ... om_centos5

So finally, my all problems like GUI linux and eclipse related problems are solved.

And I have started to read the "Elastix without tears" book, as you suggest.

Regards,
Amit

donhwyo

Not sure what your ultimate goals are. If it is to get one system doing what you want your approach will work. If you are going to deploy to many you may want to keep a more or less stock system so you know what has been added to it by you and not by some huge devel packages. May save some head aches down the road.

I don't know about eclipse, sorry. The programs I mentioned let you work in your more familiar environment then apply it to the linux system.

Don

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr