Installation issues - Software Raid

Discussion in 'General' started by nightwulf, Sep 11, 2007.

1. nightwulf

I've somme weird problem with Software Raid. If I install without any parameter on install ( just press Enter on first screen) ALL my stuf is fine. But if I install with parameter advanced, I make my software raid, all fine, all start fine, but my network card is not installed. I make Ifconfig and I don't have any eth0. Some kind of weird :blink: Someone already see it ?<br><br>Post edited by: nightwulf, at: 2007/09/10 21:13

2. adil

I had the same problem. There is no option to configure the network card when you do an advanced installation.

3. adil

I had the same problem. There is no option to configure the network card when you do an advanced installation.<br><br>Post edited by: adil, at: 2007/12/19 23:59

4. ramoncio

Have you tried netconfig or setup?

5. bmacias

Hi, I think this will help you, first, yo will have to do a: lspci, so you will see what type of ethernet you have. The next step will be to download a driver for that card, and install it.

If you find another issue, please let me know, please tell me the model of your ethernet card.

Here is an example of what I'm telling you:

1. lspci
    2. Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8139/8139C/8139C+ (rev 10)
    3. Download the driver for the netwrok card
    4. Install the driver