Install (Setup) Openfire in Elastix

Discussion in 'General' started by bono056, Jan 27, 2010.

1. bono056

i just want to setup openfire in my elastix. i used Embedded Database opetion, and when i press continue i got this error msg:
    Code:
    HTTP ERROR: 500

INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR

RequestURI=/setup/setup-datasource-settings.jsp
    Caused by:

java.lang.NullPointerException
    	at org.jivesoftware.database.EmbeddedConnectionProvider.destroy(EmbeddedConnectionProvider.java:100)
    	at org.jivesoftware.database.DbConnectionManager.setConnectionProvider(DbConnectionManager.java:476)
    	at org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.setup.setup_002ddatasource_002dsettings_jsp._jspService(setup_002ddatasource_002dsettings_jsp.java:155)
    	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
    	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1093)
    	at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:118)
    	at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
    	at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:66)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
    	at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:42)
    	at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:70)
    	at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:99)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:726)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:206)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:505)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:828)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:514)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380)
    	at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:395)
    	at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:450)

2. EicheS

hi
    i´ve the same error

Code:
    INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR
    RequestURI=/plugin-admin.jsp

Caused by:
    	at org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.plugin_002dadmin_jsp._jspService(plugin_002dadmin_jsp.java:123)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1093)
    	at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:118)
    	at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)
    	at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:42)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:206)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:828)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:514)
    	at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:450)

3. RKM

RKM

I setup the database to point to the actual MySQL install, as recommended by the extremely good OpenFire tutorial here:
    http://www.elastixconnection.com/index.php?Itemid=80&id=61&option=com_content&task=view

Note, the only issue with that tutorial, is that I've noticed you have to go in and create the "openfire" database in MySQL before moving forward with the jdbc connection string.

However, after verifying the database and making sure that's fine -- I also get a similar error to the other posters:
    Code:

INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR

RequestURI=/setup/setup-datasource-standard.jsp
    Caused by:

at org.jivesoftware.database.EmbeddedConnectionProvider.destroy(EmbeddedConnectionProvider.java:100)
    	at org.jivesoftware.database.DbConnectionManager.setConnectionProvider(DbConnectionManager.java:476)
    	at org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.setup.setup_002ddatasource_002dstandard_jsp._jspService(setup_002ddatasource_002dstandard_jsp.java:204)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:842)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:648)

4. Baez

Hello,

I recommend you to restart your openfire installation again using the instructions from yellow box in elastixconnection and follow the step by step instrucions again.
    I have done this many times without any issue following that instructions.
    Maybe you write something wrong in database URL connection string.

Hope this help you.

5. alex0127

I've made only

service openfire stop

then go to IM menu and start openFire

You must right write your computer name (localhost will be better), all other parameter - on default!!!

6. shyju

7. akldjian

Shyju, in your guide, I'm not sure why you're creating the database in step one. It's handled by the installation.

Andrey

8. Bob

Bob

Just a heads up.....

The reason for creating the MYSQL database is that the only option that is straight forward (meaning it sets up the database) in Openfire is that it uses the embedded database.

This is fine if you want to use the openfire as it is. If you want to use the Asterisk IM plugin, which most want to, then a bug with the embedded database setup, causes the Asterisk IM to not connect. (note this bug is not Elastix, and not one that they can fix as part of the release...as the code comes down when you install the plugin (from the openfire or authors site).

Using MYSQL resolves this problem, leaving Elastix as installed (e.g. not having to reapply a bug fix), and reason for the tutorial.

Now, the issue however, I believe with latest asterisk 1.8, is that the Asterisk IM, does not recognise presence status (possibly due to changes).

I have not had time, but I have started looking through the Asterisk IM code to try and ascertain what it is looking for from the AMI for presence.....to correct this issue, as I don't believe the developer is doing anything with Asterisk IM. I don't believe it is a big issue...just need time to find it...

Regards

Bob

9. akldjian

Ooooh. Ok, lol. I'll put my foot in my mouth. Thanks for the info Bob. I appreciate it.

Andrey

10. Bob

Bob

Andrey,

Not a problem.....it was a good context for me to raise the issue.

One of the best parts, as a community, is that we all move forward together, with the same information.

Whilst I have been using and installing this product for many years, it doesn't mean I know everything. That's why any post is a good post, whether its questioning something or making a statement.

You never know, someone could come back and say that they have Asterisk 1.8 working with AsteriskIM plugin, and that I have it wrong....in fact that's what I hope for....could save me hours.... :cheer:

Regards

Bob

11. akldjian

Bob, I'll try to save you some work this weekend. I'll see if I can get a OpenFire server going this weekend and have it connect up with my other FreePBX Asterisk distribution. Isolate Asterisk and OpenFire on seperate boxes and see if the plugin works. That should atleast tell us if something quirky in Elastix is the issue or if it's really between Asterisk and OpenFire. I'll chime in, perhaps start a new thread on the results. =0)

Andrey

12. Bob

Bob

Sounds great....especially on two separate boxes, makes it easier to "break out" and trace the issue.

If you find an answer...let me know...as I have another 5-6 projects to get through this weekend (long weekend).

Regards

Bob