Install on VMWare Server 2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by Colling, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Colling

Should I use the regular ISO (1.5.2) or VMWare ISO(1.1)? Which one is recommended?

I could not figure out if they have the same underlying package versions. I mean, will I get the same CentOS, Asterisk, FreePBX, etc..versions within both distributions or 1.5.2 has more updated versions than 1.1?

Thanks
    Luis

2. Richard

I am running VMWare Server version 2 and I loaded 1.5.2 ISO as a new virutal machine with no issues. It only takes about 10 minutes. The only time I would suggest using a VM image is if you were using VM Player and just wanted to have a quick peek.

Cheers,
    Richard

3. mattrh

i have an ESXI Cluster and i just used the 1.5.2 ISO and it install to a virutal machine without any issues.

4. titus

Well I didn't have same luck.

I also installed from ISO same version and Call recording and voicemail was not working
    now after a pain struggle call recording is working but voicemail still doesn't work.

Did anyone have something like it?

What would be the best procedure in such cases?

In my opinion no matter what distribution you use, it is NOT plug and play like. You will have to check everthing and put it to work.

Sometimes it can be a bit frustrating but I still believe in it.

Any help is highly appreciated.

5. donbaba

Installing on vmware is quite staight forward. just make sure you have min 30 Gigs of HDD, I Gigs of RAM, that all. make you use the Bridged netwroking dedicated to vmware with MAC.