install elastix on xen

Discussion in 'General' started by gemini, Dec 11, 2007.

1. gemini

hello, i'm a french newbie on linux and I want to have a dns and elastix on the same server. So I use xen and xen-tools to create 2 virtual machines, the first one for the dns and the second one for elastix. I download ed and configured bind9 on the first virtual machine but I don't know how to setup elastix on the second one.

Does anybody have a solution ??

thanks<br><br>Post edited by: gemini, at: 2007/12/10 20:59

2. rikolen

I setup a NFS server in my notebook or if you prefer, it is also possible to do it in the Host(Dom0). In the share directory I putted all the files from the ISO Image(For unknown reason I didn't got it working if I mounted the Image like (mount -t iso9660 -o ro,loop /path/to/iso-file /path/to/share directory/.
    I included in the share directory KickStart file with all the pre-installation setting and started the following script:

ela09_domu_creator.sh
    I got my Elastix9 DomU installed and after the installation and during the the first boot I pressed the key "I" to get an interactive boot sequence and to avoid that Zaptel module is loaded. Once you have your virtual machine up, you have to edit /etc/init.d/zaptel to comment
    Please consider to buy a clone Digium card like http://cgi.ebay.com/Digium-Wildcard...0582278QQihZ012QQcategoryZ61839QQcmdZViewItem
    if you want to use asterisk installed in a virtual server for better performance in MOH and conference call.