Infinit conference

Discussion in 'General' started by satchid, Oct 4, 2008.

1. satchid

Dear People,

I would like a conference room that never end. The conference room that I want is in the Elastix interface, (not the conference in the freebx interface) in the Elastix interface I can set everything I need like (very inportant) listen only. The only thing that I now have to set is that the room is going always. How can I do this?

Greetings an big respect.

Willy

2. telecomtechnician

Hi there

Something like this requires a good organization first.

1)Each participant of the conference should dial in at least the first time. How many persons will be in the conference?

2)Elastix has no problem in a 24 hours conference, but the resources for this server(hardware) should be very robust, stable and have redundance.

3)Redundance should exists in the electricity and internet too.

Waiting for your comments

David Medina

3. satchid

Dear David Medina and all,

I have a conference running on an old Trixbox at the moment. There are sometimes 10 users connected listen only. This is working fine without complications at the moment. The server is big enough to do that job. The new server is the same quality only newer.

I have set up the conference room number 9999 in extentions custom conf In the old Trixbox.
    I do the following to start this room: On the one dedicated Phone I initiate the conference by dialing 99991234 (1234 is the manager