Incoming SIP not registering

Discussion in 'General' started by johnryan, Jul 14, 2008.

1. johnryan

I have SIP phone service and my outbound is working fine, the only way I can get incoming to work is to accept anonymous incoming SIP connections. All is working, but I'd like to see my incoming calls on the FOP. I think my problem is the incoming connection on my trunk. I'm not sure what I can put in, I'd like it to be something like the following but I'm not sure what options I have to work with:

host=dynamic
    DID=XXXXXXXXXX

Any help would be appreciated.

2. MageMinds

Who is your SIP provider, my provider absolutely needs me to use their nat proxy and I had to make special configuration.

Usually for the incoming you have to add /something ate the end of your registration string, the "something" will in fact be the inbound DID detected by Asterisk.

3. johnryan

Sotel in St. Louis, MO. They run an ACL on IP addresses for incoming, and apply my phone numbers to the IP. In my configuration I have to ask for my phone number as the username. But the incoming only works when I have it on anonymous, I've watched to see what system is routing the phone call, the IP changes every time. I'd like to tell Asterisk to just lookup the DID on incoming calls and apply it to the correct incoming trunk.

4. MageMinds

Do you have to register, using the register string of the trunk configuration? If yes you should have at the end of the string /1234 or anything you like, this is the contact that will be used by the remote SIP server you're registering to, this is what you will be using as DID setting for you to route calls properly.

I have a open system (Allow Anonymous) too because I have an ENUM number pointing to my Asterisk, so other Asterisk in the World that are configured with ENUM can contact me for Free... I have to allow anonymous for that, since any server could contact me, but they have to use the correct DID for this to work. I don't have any rule that allow "any DID / any CID".

If you ask your provider about Asterisk, shouldn't they be able to help you?

5. johnryan

I don't have it registering right now, what should the registration look like?