Incoming Route - IVR = OK, Extension = Problem

Discussion in 'General' started by 3vian, Aug 3, 2009.

1. 3vian

I have a couple of new DIDs and when I try to route them to an extension there is no incoming audio. However, if I route the call to an IVR that just rings that extension then there is no problem at all (DTMF also works). Does anyone know why this might be? Or have any suggestions on how to debug this problem?

On my other DIDs from Libretel and Voicepulse this doesn't happen - they can be routed to an extension and the audio works both ways.

Thanks,
    3vian

2. Megabyte

Can you paste a sip debug here of your call when you try to direct that DID directly to an extension?

3. Patrick_elx

just to make sure, are the extensions working normally? What brand? what's the extension setup?
    what codec are used for your trunk and extensions?

4. 3vian

These are cisco phones. Tried on both my 7970 and 7960. The phones work normally otherwise. I also tried a softphone. The codecs for the trunks are ulaw/alaw and the phones support both. Since Asterisk is in the media path that shouldn't matter, right?

I just don't understand why going through an IVR works and not direct to extension. I would expect neither to work. I created an IVR that just rings the extension immediately to get around the problem, but that isn't a solution.

One of the DID providers just forwards to a SIP URI. If I set it to forward to an IVR it works, if I set it to forward to an extension then there is one-way sound.

I'll try and get some logs later today.

5. Patrick_elx

try to have allow call waiting on your extension config in Elastix.

I had an almost similar problem a few weeks ago. When answering an outbound call from a specific Cisco 7960 extension I had one way voice. The other 7960 extensions were working fine. The only difference was the call waiting. I still haven't had time to figure out why...

6. Patrick_elx

that was my question to see if for the non working calls you had asterisk doing transcoding or not. Could be one of your codec not working properly.

7. 3vian

8. ermali

its codec problem. just reinstall the codec g729 and sure it will work.
    i had this problem before and i solved it instaling codecs...
    also before to reintall check if you have the codec_g729.so in /usr/lib/modules/... if not download it and install it...

9. 3vian

G729? What does that have to do with this? I don't see any mention of it in the logs and the DID providers don't support it. Anyone else?