Incoming call recognition

JanKoster

Hello everyone. I have a question regarding the format of incoming calls, as I can not get it to work. I'm in South Africa, and our Telecom uses this format for call ID's;
+27125555555 where the (12) is the area code, and the 5's is the number. (27) being the country code. If I dial out I dial 0125555555, but it shows up as indidcated with the +.
How do I get Elastix (1.6-12) to recognize this format?
The reason for this question is to assign a telephone number to a specific extension. When my client dials out, it should go out on that channel, and when someone calls in to 'his' number, his extension should ring.
I've used AsteriskNow (old interface) before, and it tied the 'channel' (provider) to the extension without even mentioning the telephone number.
I've tried the FreePBX ZAP Channel DID function, but that does not work for me, maybe because I don't understand the "context = from-zaptel" part. Elastix uses dahdi?
Anyway, I'm switching to E1 shortly (Astribank), so that part is 'seemingly' not important. As far as I can tell, the telephone number as 'DID Number' under Incoming Call control is the thing to do. If I can just get the numbering thingy sorted ....:S

Patrick_elx

If I understand properly what you want is for OUTBOUND calls to tie the extension to a specific trunk?

For that, for an easy way to do it, I would use the unsupported FreePBX module called 'custom context' (info available in this forum or in Elastix Without Tears).

For Inbound calls, you can make a different inbound route for each DID or just adding the DID in the extension page.

JanKoster

Thx Patrick. What I want to know is HOW to specify the actual numbering format in the DID. Do I put +2712555555 or 2712555555 or 012555555, or how? I've tried all 3 the previous methods, but the logs say 'unknown DID or something similar. (If I leave blank for 'all', I receive the calls). So my problem is the actual format. I read somewhere someone said something about removing the X from _X in one or other context, but can't find that anymore..

Patrick_elx

You are supposed to enter in the inbound route the DID exactly as it is presented to asterisk.

make an inbound call and look at the display, you will see at the begining what is the DID presented to your system.

I don't know how asterisk or freePBX are behaving when the inbound DID has a + before.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr