Incoming Call Latency in Elastix Systems with FXO

Discussion in 'General' started by yo1111, Mar 12, 2009.

1. yo1111

When someone call my Elastix box from PSTN, this guy hears ringback tone from his phone for about twice before my SIP extension rings! I have disabled the fax detection and caller ID detection

2. dicko

You haven't been explicit enough about what your ZAP trunk(s) are or what "signalling" is used. However if there is no CID or DID associated with the trunk, you can set

immediate=yes

in zapata.conf (this requires an asterisk restart to take effect), and set a "catch-all" inbound route .

(you will need to use the "from-zaptel constructs" if you have more than one ZAP trunk)

3. danardf

hi Dicko and yo111.

I have the same problem, I think that will be come from the ring cadence (look at the feature zapata.conf).
    For my country, I must modified this parameter, else the ringing is not correctly detected!

Like that, i win 1 or 2 ring, otherwise, i have 4 or 5 ring.

4. yo1111

The signalling of the FXO interface is "FXSKS" in the Zap configuration. And I have only one FXO interface and only a "Catch-all" inbound route for the FXO. I also associated DID with the trunk ( Because the FreePBX requires configuration like that!).

I read the following document in voip-info.org:

"immediate: Normally (i.e. with immediate set to 'no', the default), when you lift an FXS handset, the Zaptel driver provides you a dialtone and listens for digits that you dial, passing them on to Asterisk. Asterisk waits until the number you've dialled matches an extension, and then begins executing the first command on the matching extension. If you set immediate=yes, then Asterisk will instruct the Zaptel driver to not generate a dialtone when you lift a handset, instead passing control immediately to Asterisk. Asterisk will start executing the commands for this channel's "s" extension. This is sometimes referred to as "batphone mode". Default: no.
    immediate=yes "

Will changing "immediate=yes" resolve my problem ? Are you sure? I use my asterisk system in a productive environment. I had interrupted the system many times and had been complained a lot. I am afraid to interrupt it again without any result.

5. dicko

yo1111:

The signalling I was referring to was the provider's signalling, YOUR signalling must match their's just as danardf says, that includes ringing, dialtone disconnect etc. Check/set you country locale

loadzone=
    defaultzone=

in zaptel.conf

immediate=yes WILL change the behavior of the trunk but it might prevent outbound calls (deprnding on the telco provisioning) so test at night also
    (thios requires boath a asterisk restart and a zaptel/dadhdi restart. (do at night)

6. danardf

immediate=yes, but I think that you lose the CallerID detect, it's right?

7. dicko

danardf:

indeed, you loose any "added" inband signalling, by dtmf, fsk or vbis22/3, used for CID, message waiting indication and DID extension spill, depending on locale)