Inbound Routing not working on New Elastix Install

Discussion in 'General' started by sskiba, Jan 31, 2011.

1. sskiba

We have been using Elasix for awhile. Our current system is setup using Elastix 1.8. We are attempting to upgrade a backup box we have to Elastix 2. We have copied over the setup manually screen-by-screen from our current system, which works fine, to the new Elastix 2 box. Everything appears to be working properly on the new box except for the incoming calls. All of our calls are going to one extension, regardless of what is setup in ring groups. Also, the voicemail that is being heard is not the voicemail that is setup for that extension. I have tried to track down in Elastix why exactly calls are going to this extension and have been unsuccessful. I have changed the operator extension but that didn't seem to have any effect.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to what the issue could be? I have called our phone provider and they said that everything appears to be setup correctly on their end.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2. jgutierrez

It seems to me that it is an inbound route configuration issue.
    If you attach the CLI output for an inbound call we can help you with more details.

By the way, are you using analog or digital lines?

3. sskiba

Thanks for your quick response. We are still having the same issue. You will have to excuse me, but how do I get the CLI output to post here for you? Is it in a log file somewhere? I don't see anything happening at the prompt when a call takes place.

Thanks!

4. fmvillares

Re: Re:Inbound Routing not working on New Elastix Install

sorry but you need first to read some books to understand what is happening to your box and post the correct info to us to get help
    the first book to understand elastix is elastix without tears...look there to learn some terminology and concepts and then try again to give us some info to help you

5. jgutierrez

To get the CLI, execute from the console:
    asterisk -r
    then do the call, and copy all the information that you got during the call attempt (just paste the information for your call, NOT all calls)

6. pd

pd

Thanks for your replies to this problem. I am working on it as well.

Our situation is that we are pretty familiar with Elastix, but not Asterisk (we could not find a vendor that would work with Elastix, so we installed our own. We have been using 1.1-8 successfully for over 2 years, but are trying to upgrade.

We use SIP with CBeyond. We have 2 separate PBX systems, one that we currently use and a new one with Elastix 2 installed.

Our problem with the Elastix 2 system is this:

We use several Inbound routes with a variety of Ring Groups, Time Conditions, etc., most of which are determined by the DID. However, none of the routes actually work except for the default.

for example:
    - our main phone number is xxx3100 and is set up to ring to x228, then to x229. This works fine.
    - a secondary number is xxx6123 and is set up to ring to x331 then to x332; but it does not do this, it follows the default Inbound Route as if it is not reading the DID.

I will try to get a CLI report to you, but we have to shut down our phone system and have CBeyond change our static NAT to the new PBX to do this which is difficult for business, since we are without phones while we do this.

Thanks again for your help.

7. fmvillares

did came from etlco lines and usually are only the last 4 digits of the numbering range assigned to you..
    for example i had in miami my pri trunks 305 356 18xx and all dids are 1800 to 99 only
    the same applies to almost any country, for example argentina mexico colombia spain portugal brasil uruguay paraguay etc and all standard did and sip complete did are working just fine in freepbx

if you were familiar with elastix 1.1 you have to almost begin from 0 again because its a totally new front end and most of the configs are totally different because of changes in freepbx, asterisk syntax etc.
    another issue is that old freepbx backups are not compatible with new freepbx and asterisk ones

8. pd

pd

Thanks for your response.

We did not use any backups from our existing system, but did a fresh install of Elastix 2 and manually created all of the settings. Everything was done through Elastix, not Asterisk or FreePBX.

9. fmvillares

well then you dont know almost nothing about elastix, as embedded pbx is only a minor subset of freepbx and all refers to asterisk...with no cli screens or info and the little knowledge about the productive platform you have is really difficult to find a reason of your issue...
    my first advice is to read elastix without tears asap and give some more info after that

10. hinzinho

Sound like your inbound routes are not configured correctly. Look at the call logs and see how the DID come in as. You might need to put in DID number as +1xxxxxx6123 and another one for +1xxxxxx3100.

11. pd

pd

Thanks for the input. We'll check this out.

We may just postpone the upgrade at this stage. I think I remember problems with our service vendor, CBeyond, the last time - when we installed Elastix 1.1 and we may have had to make changes in Asterisk to get Elastix to recognize CBeyond's DID. It's been too long, though and we do not have the expertise to make changes to Asterisk.

We love Elastix, though!

12. fmvillares

well did manipulation and sending is a pure sip standard issue if you need to add some asterisk modifications to receive did that are standard sip rfc3261 informations you need to change your provider for not complying with universal standards

13. billang

HI there..
    If you need any help, you can contact me regarding this upgrade.