Inbound Routes

Discussion in 'General' started by LovingFox, Feb 7, 2011.

1. LovingFox

I'm using Elastix-2.0.3.
    I've configured 2 sip trunks and I want to add Inbound Routes for them.
    But I do not understand how to assign route only for specific trunk through web interface. There are not any options in "Inbound Routes" where I may do it. For example: I want to assign one routes for first trunk and other route for second.
    And I do not understand how to order Inbound Routes.

Could you help me?

2. franklin

Are you using SIP trunks or analog?

If SIP, your inbound route does not point to a trunk. You would have a DID pointing to the IP of your box/router and it would hit it, go in the Inbound Route (because you have IDd the DID) and from there you point it to an internal place, such as an Extension or an IVR or Ring Group, etc. Your Outbound Routes point to Trunks.

Should be the same with POTS or T1. Inbound will point to internal place. Outbound will point to a Trunk, or a series of Trunks. Trunk 1 might be your local and certain long distance routes, while Trunk 2 might be other LD routes with a better rate or International. Trunk 3 might be international on its own.

3. LovingFox

franklin, thanks for your answer!

I'm using one SIP trunk to Linksys SP3102 (1xFXO to local PSTN), and second SIP trunk to SIP operator.

As I understand, the DID number is a single method to tell one SIP trunk from the other in Elastix using Web interface, isn't it?

But if I need to have 2 or more Inbound Routes for a one DID, how I can set sequence for them which will used in routing proccess?

4. franklin

"But if I need to have 2 or more Inbound Routes for a one DID, how I can set sequence for them which will used in routing proccess?"

I"m not sure I know what you mean? You could use the Day/Night Control for this. That way you could switch back and forth between two Destinations for your DID/Inbound Route.

If you wanted Elastix or Asterisk to auto sense who was calling and route accordingly, I believe that is a routine far exceeding my capability, and yours, too, from the sounds of it. What exactly are you trying to do?

5. LovingFox

I mean next. Look at two examples.

One:
    I create first Inbound Route with Any DID and Any CID fields.
    Next I create second Inbound Route with Any DID and Specified CID fields.

Two:
    I create first Inbound Route with Any DID and Specified CID fields.
    Next I create second Inbound Route with Any DID and Any CID fields.

Is that examples equal?

6. franklin

If you are using SIP trunks your SIP provider will send your DIDs to the addresss you have defined. The Trunk is already set to come into your box through your IP. All you need to do is set your Inbound Route for that DID to a Destination. Give your Inbound Route a Description and a DID Number. Leave CID blank, set MOH and anything else you want, give it a Destination, and when that DID hits your box it will ring the Extension, Ring Group, IVR, etc I hope this helps. I can't think of a reason to do it any other way with SIP. I only use Any/All with POTS lines. Let me know. And if we can't get it figured out there are others who can help.

7. LovingFox

Well, I have understood principles of Elastix inbound routing a little bit.
    But if I need to route inbound call by CID mask, is it posible to set a wildcard to "Caller ID Number" field of the incoming rule form?
    Bubble help of "Caller ID Number" says nothing about it. But "DID Number" bubble help says that it is posible for DID.

8. yurmetal

Hello everybody. I am using elastix 2.0.3
    but having problems with inbound route. I'm using the following configuration
    [​IMG]
    Although I don't have problems with outgoing calls

9. hinzinho

yurmetal, start a new topic for your issue. It's easier to follow then to hijack a thread. Also in your post, describe the exact problem(s) you are having. Don't just say I having problems and make people assume what the issues are.

10. franklin

I don't understand what you mean by CID mask. put Your DID in the DID box and leave CID blank.

11. LovingFox

For example I need to root incoming calls by the rules:
    -- CIDs from 111000 to 111999 to extention 100
    -- CIDs from 222000 to 222999 to extention 200.
    As I understand "Caller ID Number" description, this field cannot be a pattern match like 111XXX or 222XXX.
    So how can I overcome this limitations?

12. franklin

I'm sorry to say I have no idea how to do this. Please post in Newbie under a new thread and one of the moderators will have an answer for you. Good luck.

13. dicko

14. LovingFox

Yes, It works. Thanks!
    But some vagueness exist for me.

For example. There are two Inbound rules for DID/CID:
    1. 1111/_222XXX is the route to ext. 100
    2. 1111/_2221XX is the route to ext. 200

On which of ext. will be routed incoming call 1111/222123?
    Both rules above fit for this call. And as I see in Elastix web interface, the order of Inbound routes does not exist.

15. dicko

1. 1111/_222[2-9]XX is the route to ext. 100

or

1. 1111/_222NXX is the route to ext. 100
    ( N == [2-0] )

16. LovingFox

Ok :)
    That example was simple.
    Look at this sample:
    1111/_222XXX is the route to ext. 100
    1111/_22234X is the route to ext. 200
    1111/_22256X is the route to ext. 300
    1111/_22278X is the route to ext. 400

The obvious way to solve it -- is processing of incoming rules by order until first match:
    1. 1111/_22234X is the route to ext. 200
    2. 1111/_22256X is the route to ext. 300
    3. 1111/_22278X is the route to ext. 400
    4. 1111/_222XXX is the route to ext. 100
    like it can be done for Outgoing rules.

But it does not exist in Elastix web.

17. dicko

I'm afraid you are correct. There is no way of directly ordering the route, the first matched route will be used. They are internally numbered chronologically.
    You could try deleting them all, then entering them in with the most significant numbers first.