inbound routes

u4elastix

I am confused about in bound routes. The only way I can get an inbound route to work is to leave the DID empty. Every time I enter a DID it rings busy or I get the this number not in service message. I have tried creating zap channel DID's . Elastix without tears says engter your zap chenel here if using PSTN (i am) I do not hav that field on my inbound route page.

Any help would be great this has stuck me for a while now.

Thanks Loren

briankelly63

Leaving it blank or creating a default inbound route accomplish the same thing. Depending who your provider is may influence the format of the DID info that's coming into your Asterisk system being sent.

Go into the CLI by typing asterisk -r -vvv at the linux prompt. Watch as a call comes in and see if the DID is there and what it looks like. Sometimes some code adjustments are needed to strip of extra characters.

u4elastix

Is there a way to create in bound route using zap channel without the need for DID information?

briankelly63

Calls coming in must either have an inbound route or there must be a default route in place that will take the call. There is no requirement that you use the DID info unless you intead to send the call to different places based on that DID.

dicko

Please forgive my interjection:

On a PSTN connection there will normally not be any DID information available, think about it, it would be normally spurious, you call a number and a pair of wires somewhere else in the world generates a ring current, there should be no confusion as to what number was called on that pair (as far as that pair is concerned). there are some exceptions, the metadata provided by "alternate ring" technology (which is another story) and some very esoteric albeit very rare analog DID circuits, (believe me you don't have one!)

But I digress, the whole concept is to generate a "pseudo" DID which is directly associated with the relevant physical dahdi channel (the pair I spoke about) that a call comes in on (the ring current I spoke about) that Asterisk can work with.

The problem is if you have more than one channel, you need to "add" something unique so Asterisk can differentiate between the incoming calls, if you have only one channel then please ignore all this gibberish and just use the available "catch-all" inbound route.

Otherwise and as ever, more often than not, "Elastix Without Tears" can help, specifically section 14.1.2 is informative as to how to change things so it works like that.

then at:

http://<servernameorip>/admin/config.php?type=setup&display=zapchandids

(replace in your head the zapata thing in the prolog with what you read in EWT ), you can then arbitrarily assign any DID you care to, to that channel (even 18003287448 :) a less whimsical person than I might want to use the actual number that was called on that trunk).

Then just use the standard Inbound routing to suit.

Hope that helps you here in Newbie world.

Catch you all next year.

u4elastix

I modified my context=from to zaptel now my inbound zap chanels work but I get bussy signal when trying to call out

dicko

Your statement . . .I modified my context=from to zaptel. . . is a little hard for me to parse, please post your chan_dahdi.conf file.

u4elastix

Where it says zaptel now it said something different before I don't remember what it was. I am able to make outbound calls again. What I did was delete my one and only outbound route and recreate it and now I am good again. Not sure why but I am glad I am u again. Thanks for the help

Loren

; Span 1: WCTDM/0 "Wildcard AEX2400 Board 1" (MASTER)
;;; line="1 WCTDM/0/0 FXSKS"
signalling=fxs_ks
callerid=asreceived
group=0
context=from-zaptel
channel => 1
callerid=
group=
context=default

;;; line="2 WCTDM/0/1 FXSKS"
signalling=fxs_ks
callerid=asreceived
group=0
context=from-zaptel
channel => 2
callerid=
group=
context=default

jgutierrez

Jack

Re:inbound routes, chan-mobile

Good day, I have a similiar problem. I've installed a chan_mobile, mostly for inbound calls. The only way I managed to catch a call is any DID/any CID route. There are different context names ([Nokia6500c] for example) and keys "context", "group" in each context in mobile.conf. How can I use them (names or keys) to route an inbound call - or anything else?

File mobile.conf:

[Nokia6500C]
address=00:1D:E9:03:8C:17
port=13
context=from-pstn
adapter=blue
;group=1

Thanks in advance, Jack

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics