Inbound DTMF tones

centritech

Does anybody know how to handle incoming DTMF tones. Here is my scenario. I will have a 5 FXO port system plugged into a NEC Univerge 8100 system. I want to detect incoming DTMF tones sent by the NEC system.

How do I "read" those DTMF tones in an Inbound route coming through the FXO channels?

The reason I'm asking this is so that I can route calls based on the DID that was used on the NEC system.

Thanks
Scott

dicko

Just setup inbound routes (or extensions) to suit the dtmf strings you are expecting

(and probably set the context to from-internal in your (presumably) g0 trunk
make sure immediate=no)

centritech

Dicko,

Thanks for the quick response!

When you say "Just setup inbound routes (or extensions) to suit the dtmf strings you are expecting" Where are you refereeing to. I don't see any options in the inbound routes to read in dtmf and try to translate it. Will these come in as apart of the CallerID info or DID info?

Thanks
Scott

dicko

It depends on how you configured the Legacy box.

If no routing DTMF is delivered on off hook then maybe you just need to set up Zaptel type ports to map the inbound ring signal on a particular hardware port to a destination (documented countless times here already) If the FXS ports deliver Caller ID then just set up the zap ports to suit, it should just work.

If the legacy system is configured to use these ports as "tie-lines" then expect DTMF on giving answer and route as appropriate.

ramoncio

Zaptel?
Are you from the past?

:)

dicko

:) :) :)

Yeah just an old fart, sorry, but in my defense Elastix/FreePBX still uses the from-zaptel contexts, so . . ., it's not just me!

ramoncio

I was just joking!
I heared that phrase (in english) a couple of times from Saul Ibarra from Asterisk-es who has his own blog in Spanish in http://www.saghul.net/

One more thing, dicko. Have you tried zarafa. You should!!
I have posted a script here to install it very easily in Elastix:

http://www.elastix.org/index.php?option ... 4015#34015

Follow the links in that thread for the documentation link, it is very good.

dicko

I knew you were Ramon.

Yes I saw your post and was checking it out yesterday, It's a little hard to get my head around the total cost after 3 users though.

Regards dicko

ramoncio

It also has z-push support, I have just syncronized my Nokia 5800 (mail, contacts, notes, calendars, etc) using wifi + Mail for Exchange, but it is native for Active Sync devices and also compatible with iCal.

dicko

Ramon:

(I couldn't resist)

ramoncio, this is off topic, you should start a new thread!

:) :) :) :)

( but I am looking at it, and it looks intriguing, I've largely managed to avoid Exchange for the last few years but I have a few clients who refuse to believe me when I say it is not a reliably mail server, they usually convert a few days after the AD/datastore dies/corrupts (and we all know it does and will) That is an ugly day if they haven't paid a huge amount of money for a proprietary backup system (surprising not available from MS B) ), maybe this solution actually has legs, thanks for the lead, dicko)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr