In voicemail Press # to exit - Can I have it...

blangys

.. not just hangup, but go return to where it started from in the dialplan?

Long story short - I need to send a user to voicemail have them check their messages then have the user press # to get back to the menu where they started from. When I press # I get "goodbye" and a hangup.

Does anyone know how I can alter that behavior?

<Backstory> I have a customer that allows his clients to log into his system to send VM Blasts to the other users. VM Blast is an external application that collects the list of recipients and then feeds it to the VoiceMailMain application. I built a menu that lets the caller log in once and then either access the VMBlast application or their voicemail box. I got the VMBlast working great and returning to my starting menu. I need a way to have VoiceMailMain return to the same menu.

Thank you so much for your time.

rollinsolo

I think in general settings of Elastix you can put in an operator extension, I have put in a ring group in there and also the actual operator/reception extension. You can always create a special type ring group and point it to an IVR, voicemail, etc. Good Luck.

6string

What about using the "VM Return to IVR" in the IVR menu?
Would that work for you?

blangys

The "return to IVR" option doesn't seem to work for a system user. It works fine if you call in and are leaving a message, but once you log into your mailbox it no longer works. Pressing a pound # always hangs up and does not return you to the IVR that sent you to VM.

How can we change that?

blangys

So I looked at how *98 would return me somewhere else. I'm missing something.

When I press # while in voicemail after I logged in via *98 I get:

-- <SIP/200-b7a07698> Playing 'vm-goodbye' (language 'en')
-- Executing [*98@from-internal:12] GotoIf("SIP/200-b7a07698", "0?playret") in new stack

So I see that it is executing the step in *98 immediately following the call to VoiceMailMain. In my example below, it does not keep going to the next step in *96 (created for testing). It goes right to auto fallthrough.

-- <SIP/200-b7a06078> Playing 'vm-goodbye' (language 'en')
== Auto fallthrough, channel 'SIP/200-b7a06078' status is 'UNKNOWN'

Is there a status that is set somewhere before the call goes to VoiceMailMain?

If I am reading the lines below properly:

exten => *98,n,VoiceMailMain(${MAILBOX}@${VMCONTEXT}) ***** Send the caller to VoiceMailMain

exten => *98,n,GotoIf($["${IVR_RETVM}" = "RETURN" & "${IVR_CONTEXT}" != ""]?playret) ***** if IVR_RETVM = RETURN and the IVR_CONTEXT is not blank, go to playret.

exten => *98,n,Macro(hangupcall,) ***** If the above was not true, hangup.

Please let me know if you know the answer to this!

blangys

I had an error in my dialplan. The line after my VoiceMailMain had a syntax error. I fixed it then it flowed as anticipated. Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti