In bound calls

Discussion in 'General' started by u4elastix, Oct 29, 2009.

1. u4elastix

Hello

I am very new to elastix and have so far managed to get four phones set up and intercom between them. I have four in bound pots lines and have not been able to figure how to receive calls to the extensions without having to hear the recording and dial the extension. I wasn't all extensions to ring and be able to answer any of the four inbound pots lines. I assume I make a ring group and add all the extensions to it. That is where I kind of get lost.

Thanks Loren

2. dwells

if you do not want to hear a recording(announcement/IVR) and pass callers straight to your phones, you are correct that you should start with a ring group.
    Because you are using PSTN lines, you will be better off using FreePBX to set this up.

Start at ZAP Channel ID's and Identify all your channels/DID so we can "handle" them later.
    create a ring group, add the extensions into it.
    add an inbound route with DID, Fax disabled and point destiny to new ring group. **Do this for all PSTN channels you created.** each one pointing to the same ring group.

also read Elastix without tears for most questions. This is your Elastix "bible".
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/elasti ... f/download

3. u4elastix

Thank You dwells

That was so easy. I have been reading Elastix without tears. It has helped.

How do I know if I am using free pbx? I show Unembedded free pbx under option however it has not been set up.

Loren