Improve the forum

rafael

As many of you know I would be the Community Manager of Elastix starting on Monday 14 of July. One of the first thing I would have to do is improve the forums. I open this thread to recieve recommendations from the community on how to improve our forums.

I would like to know things such us:
What categories and subcategories we should have?
What tool should we use?
Would you prefer the tool integrated with joomla or something independent?

I won't respond until Monday because I won't be online, but please use this thread for recommendations about the forums.

Regards,

Rafael

jfonseca

I think the forum is not bad, but should not be embedded on the website. It needs to be more visually clean.
Should also eliminate the captcha verification on every post.

elastixguy

Hi Rafael, glad you stepped in

Would you prefer the tool integrated with joomla or something independent?
I think it should be Independent. Forums are too important to be overlooked like an integrated solution would be.

Also the competition has good forums and could serve as an inspiration. But of course Elastix has the best PBX software ;)

I'm looking forward to contribuite on the new forum and think a whole bunch of people will fell compelled to do the same once the new forum take place.<br><br>Post edited by: elastixguy, at: 2008/07/10 03:31

mullman

Forums based on PunBB (PHP, PostgreSQL) usually seem speedy and easy from the "end users" point-of-view.

Reaper

JohnyBeGood

I also agree that forums need to be independent or at least have left + right side free.

Paid options:
vBulletin
or
Invision Power Board

Free options:
phpBB
Simple Machine Forum
etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics