Import elastixbackup.tar

Discussion in 'General' started by dodiaz, Nov 19, 2009.

1. dodiaz

Hello:

I have installed Elastix 1.6 in my server and a have a file: "elastixbackup.tar" generated in my old version of elastix 1.5.2 for the web functionality: System/backup/perform a backup ...

So I believed that I could export this file (elastixbackup.tar) in Elastix 1.6 with the web function: System/backup/restore ...., copying the file (.tar) in the folder: /var/www/html/backup

But I noted that one change in the new version of Elastix (1.6) is that the backup folder is not located in the same site that the previous version, and I cant find the place which Elastix search the backup files for restoring.

So, How can I import my elastixbackup.tar in the new version of elastix for avoiding to create manually all the extensions and settings that I had in my previous version ? or Is there any way for copy the configuration of one Elastix to another, even in the same version? Because if It is possible in the same version I am disposed to return to the old version (1.5.2) (I have even an image of the old system).

Thank you in advance,

Daniel D

2. emenny81

I ran into the same questions, as of now I haven't been able to find the new location. I having an error with my locate.db haha

I'll post something if I find it.

3. brandon.stocks

I found the location:

/var/www/backup

4. rafael

The reason the backup was change is because there was a security issue. It could be easy to download the complete backup with an http script using software such as wget.

regards,

Rafael