Identafying Zap Chanels

Discussion in 'General' started by u4elastix, Nov 8, 2009.

1. u4elastix

On page 62 of elastix without tears it says it has to be done in unembeded frepbx. I am a little confused. What unembedded free pbx? Is it used along with free pbx or in place of?

2. briankelly63

When Elastix is installed and you access the GUI you are presented with a series of tabs. One of them is PBX which you can use to configure things. This GUI while similar to the full Freepbx GUI is different. One of the choices in the left panel when your in the PBX tab is to go to the unembeded GUI. It can also be accessed directly by access the URL directly... ie: http://192.168.0.102/admin

Brian

3. u4elastix

Is there a logical reason for two different interfaces?

4. strongbow242

I'm sure the designers had a logical reason. Right now that's irrelevant. There are some things you can only do with the UNEMBEDDED version. Thst's just the way it is.

5. briankelly63

If I had to guess I'd say the design of the embedded version is cleaner (layout and fonts), more limited (safety) and consistent with the design of the other tabs and overall branding... The UN version is none of those things...

6. rafael

The embedded version is think to be more integrated with Elastix. Not every module of freepbx is presented, so if needed you can allways use the umbebeed freepbx