Ideas wanted on 7 location company project

agidi

Hi guys.

I have come across a project that needs some "load balancing" or call optimization.
and I'm looking for suggestions or ideas from the gurus.

This are seven offices/buildings with low to medium call volume located 2~10miles apart. They will be linked with point to multipoint 105mps "wifi" links. So they can be reached "locally"

Some of this offices have E1/T1 trunks with 10,000 minute packages, some have more, some have less, some have just 7 analog lines. they all pay their ADSL individually etc.

Lower cost they say....

The idea is.. join their LANS over the air, pay a bigger better internet provider and share it. (internet demand is low, mostly email, I block all non productive sites) leaving the cheapest ADSL contract on each as a failover with a local analog line.

but regarding telephony, we have two choices, and here is where i require your ideas. (others are welcomed)

A) Move all digital and analog lines to one building, install one ePBX configure it "multi tenant" and deploy IP phones and FXS gateways in the other 6 buildings, watch call level and add or cancel call packages as we see fit, then re-bill each individual office building.
PROS, one PBX to manage, one central location
CONS, if PBX fails 7 offices will be pissed, if links fails, same deal, config hassle?

B) Install one ePBX in each location, somehow, have PBXs share trunks over the air/lan with other ePBXs, monitoring call volume canceling or balance minute packages. Re bill companies internally.
PROS: in case of failure, just one PBX goes down, so if the links fail.
CONS: seven PBXs to manage, cost. Harder to re bill monthly.

Some comments: local ISP providers are too expensive and non reliable, that's why we are going over the air.
I have tested the over-the air links and are audio/video/voip reliable.
All 7 buildings are separate mini companies from the same small group. Making an 8th company that re bills internet and calls is doable.
The idea is to lower cost. We are sending all IP camera feeds to one location to be monitored, so is HVAC and lighting. (they keep forgetting tons of A/C on at night). Dropping payroll to one "night guard" (yeah economy is still slow) :(
Project wont get a green light unless it cuts costs and lowers month to month bills etc.

Which way would you go on telephony? all comments ideas or suggestions are welcomed.
This is a good opportunity to implement Unified comms from Elastix :)

thanks for your time and looking forward to ideas or pointers.
best wishes

A.Gidi

powerpbx

My advice is don't mix VoIP and WiFi. Especially LAN links. You are just asking for trouble in my humble opinion.

agidi

We could use wimax links or wisp hardware, or mesh. this is "carrier grade" and voip compatible.

micropat

It's an age old dilema- cost vs. quality. If keeping the costs down is more improtant to you or your company, then implement the WiFi solution with one primary internet connection and one backup(offsite from the primary). If you're more interested in a 5 nines solution, then implement a metro ethernet solution with one phone system for all the buildings and each building has its own redundant internet and copper backups. I'd forget about having multiple phone systems though- technology has come too far for that! If it were me, I'd do the metro-e with two backup internet connections at seperate locations and a copper line or two at every location as a failsafe. Chances are that not EVERYTHING would go down at once. and if it did- you'd be lookin at down time regardless. Best of luck

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mai Tuyen