ID and password for MySQL database

Discussion in 'General' started by Jen, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Jen

Jen

Hi,

I need to access the MySQL database. But what's the ID and password. I have tried root/eLaStlx.2oo7, but it doesn't work.

Anyone know?

Thanks,
    J.

2. Patrick_elx

The password is eLaStIx.2oo7 not eLaStlx.2oo7

3. Jen

Jen

Thanks for point out the mistake.

But still can't access the database. What' the database name for Vtiger?MySQL correct?

Is the Database name for Elatstix is asterisk ?

4. Bob

Bob

How are you trying to connect to the database, what client are you using and from what machine (e.g. local, or another workstation)?

Regards

Bob

5. donhwyo

See my answer to your same question under vtiger forum. from the command line

Code:
    mysql -u root -p
    then from mysql prompt

Code:
    show databases;
    You are on your own to learn mysql at your own pace.

Don

PS no need to ask the same question three times. Especially one that could have been found with a simple search.

6. Jen

Jen

I am using Squirrel to connect with the database, and remote to access the database.

The attached file is what I have done and the system give me the error message. Can someone point the error that I have made?

Thanks, http://forum.elastix.org/old_files/error1.doc

7. Jen

Jen

I have do as you say:
    mysql -u root -p
    the system ask me the password: I have type password "admin", and the system say it said "Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' using password:Yes.

And I can't get to the step to do
    "show databases;"

Any Suggestion?

8. dicko

You need to actually READ the posts here, the root password is NOT admin, the mysql server's root account is ONLY available to localhost by default. (the machine itself, on IP 127.0.0.1. if you can ping 127.0.0.1 from the remote host, maybe it should work, then again maybe not :) ), if you want to get to mysqld from somewhere else, you will have to change that, by host, user, password, database, table and permissions. If you don't know how to do that, then IMHO you should not be messing with "that of which you don't know" until you do, or risk giving away the family jewels.

regards

dicko

9. Bob

Bob

Jen,

As dicko said, you need to reread the post, as the "admin" is not the password.

It also helps if you give all the information, which includes trying to access it remotely, as this changes the whole thing around. I could have answered this on the last post, but as there are so many variables, to cover them all, most responders have not got the time.

1) First of all confirm that the local mysql command is working. Basically what you were doing but use the password you mentioned earlier. So a show databases, so that you know that you have control.

2) Next read the thread, in particular about the GRANT command. This is where you are going wrong with Squirrel.

http://www.elastix.org/index.php?option ... 3&id=14630

Now nobody is trying to be smartarse, it is just that this question has come up many times in the past, and it is available for searching on this forum (as recent as a month ago).

Now I appreciate that without knowing the grant option it is hard to search, but it sounds like you are trying to run before crawling. Spend some time reading on MYSQL a little more, especially how to use the command line interface. It is great use a GUI, but it won't do everything for you, especially when you need to use commmands such as mysqldump and re-importing.

So the original question should have been

"I am accessing the MYSQL command line and I am having trouble logging in. Could someone give me the command needed, in particular I am looking for the VTIGER Database"

or

"I am using Squirrel on a Workstation, trying to access MYSQL on Elastix, and I am being denied, even though I have confirmed that I am using the right login and password. Is there a step I have missed"

or If I was to take a wild guess what you might be trying to do

"I am trying to upgrade Vtiger using the migration tools and I don't have enough knowledge on the MYSQL setup. Has someone done this VTIGER Upgrade yet and has the steps??"

Those questions provide the responder with a little more info and direction you are heading, so that the responder can help you succinctly and in many cases give you pointers for further issues you may face.

Hope this helps....

Bob