IAX2 fax extension not working

Discussion in 'General' started by AU Troll, Jan 16, 2008.

1. AU Troll

First - very nice setup for asterisk.

I have setup a fax extension of 2200, and created the virtual fax on 2200.

When i dial 666 (asterisk inbound fax testing), the asterisk log shows:

"logger.c: -- Executing [analog_fax@ext-fax:3] Dial("SIP/2001-08dff420", "IAX2/2200|20|d") in new stack
    [Jan 16 18:16:12] WARNING[6026] app_dial.c: Unable to create channel of type 'IAX2' (cause 3 - No route to destination)"

Where do I jump from here? I really need to get fax to email working for a new VoIP installation I am doing..

Thanks in advance.

mark

2. DaveD

Did you create an inbound route with fax detection enabled

Also are you using TDM cards or iSDN

Really need more information about how you have setup inbound fax

3. AU Troll

Thanks, but found the error of my ways...:laugh: It was a matter of getting the correct faxing system in place then it worked...

Great program I must say, but it appears that the Asterisk 1.4.17 you are using has a ton of changes from what I am used to in version 1.4.14. And these changes really do effect the way asterisk performs...anyways...working my way through.

BTW...does (or can) the 0.9.2 version of elastix "passthrough" t38 faxes through the iaxmodem and be captured by the Hylafax server? I have been testing this, but all the fax calls I try using FoIP go to voice mail. I would have thought since 1.4.17 Asterisk has the t38 pass through that the iaxmodem could pick that up and take the fax in. Reason I ask is that my VoIP provider has FoIP available, but it uses t38 running over the g729 codecs i believe..

Mark

4. roost

Hi Mark

Did anyone give you an answer to your question if 1.4 Asterisk has the t38 pass through? If yes, which versions are supported?

Thanks, Roost

5. roost

HELP! FAX via T.38 pass through

Can anyone confirm if Elastix version: 0.9.2 by default supports T.38 pass through?

6. cornbread

Re:HELP! FAX via T.38 pass through

I am interested in this as well!