Iax Trunks issue

dmendez

We have several Xorcom Elastix boxes Version 1.5.2-2 which we have iax trunks configured using the wan connections, the case is the following :

The estate of the trunk become unreachable suddenly, when I make the troubleshooting and test, the connectivity with a ping to the remote box is lost and I can not reach it, So that is the thing no ? , whel when I delete the trunk configuration in one box i can reach the remote host again, so I add the trunk again and it works fine but in a few days it become unreachable again

Anybody know whats happens

danardf

Maybe it's a router problem (NAT)
You must redirect the IAX2 port (UDP) to the Elastix server and this, on each site.

fmvillares

do you have qualify=yes parameter in iax configs to maintain the connections alive?
see ya

dmendez

thanks for your response the router/firewall is a fortinet fortigate 60 we are going to check with the fortinet support to make the changes, I was reading some iax2 problems with the nat on sonicwall or untangle may be with fortinet is the same, I let you know

Best regards

dmendez

Hi thanks for the response this is the configuration that i am using

username=userboxremote
type=peer
secret=12345
qualify=yes
host=xx.xx.xx.xx
context=from-iax
trunk=yes
disallow=all
allow=gsm

type=userlocalbox
secret=12345
host=xx.xx.xx.xx
context=from-iax
disallow=all
allow=gsm

fmvillares

nat problem with iax???? iax is simple only open 4569 to udp and voila...but iax2 is not magic if you dont open the port the remote system will allways lose registration...
1 system behind nat ok 2 systems..mmmm dont!

danardf

In my case, at my job, if i make an IAX trunk with my Elastix server at home, I lose the trunk. Because, at my job, there's not NAT to redirect the port IAX. So it's logical.

And with a friend, the IAX trunk work fine without problem.

Another way, your provider can have some problem, or a router!?
If your trunk has been running since 2 days, I have a doubt with the NAT problem.
With a NAT problem, your trunk would be already down after 1 hours max and not 2 o 3 days.

With my WRT54G with a bad firmware version, I should make a reset every 3 or 4 days.

It's a way.

Ps: your "type=userlocalbox" is strange!
it's not type=user?

dmendez

The connection between the sites are vpn, private lease line or private wireless links, in all the cases the problems appears the router/firewall is fortinet in all kind of connections

dmendez

Hi is type=user, excuse me for that error to copy a modify the config

fmvillares

definitely a network problem...askyoour net admin to track the issue...maybe vpn reconnections etc...

dmendez

Hi thanks to all for the clues and tips to check the problem, at this moment the firewall (fortinet) people made some changes on the ttl session time to 28800 for udp 4569 we have seen that our trunk of testing are up from that moment (a week ago) but the others configured previus to the change some boxs are up and other down

If I ping the other box of the trunk down I can not reach it, but i can reach the remote gateway of that box and others device in the remote network, why?

This is a really nightmare!

my experice using openvpn, cisco router and other devices has been cool everything work; but over this links managed by fortinet devices are a disaster :angry:

any ideas?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marouen