IAX setup

secs

Hi all. I posted this to perhaps the wrong forum solets try again.

I have previously used Trixbox (an early version) and have recently changed to Elastix. I had a IAX2 trunk set up with an ozy provider and it workd. Inthier help section they tell me to add an entry to the EXTENSIONS.CONF and I did this with Trix and away we went. A copy of the help section follows below... Do I have to do this with Elastix and if so, where do I put this part in the file? Do I need to create a section and name it etc?

Thanks.

*********Begin Copy/Quote

How to setup a IAX Trunk with Mytel

To configure your IAX account to be used with Asterisk, please enter the following into your 'iax.conf' file.

register => username:password@gw03.mytel.net.au
[******]
type=friend
secret=*******
username=******
host=gw03.mytel.net.au
trunk=yes
context=from-iax
;IAX Username

;IAX Account Password
;IAX Username

Replace username with your Mytel IAX Account Name and password with your Mytel IAX Account Password in the register string. Also, wherever there are ******'s, please replace these with either your Mytel IAX Account Name or Mytel IAX Account Password depending on the comment on that line.

In order to make a call using your newly created Mytel IAX trunk place the following entry in your 'extensions.conf' file, replacing the username with your Mytel IAX Account Name.

exten => _X.,1,Dial(IAX2/username/${EXTEN})
exten => h,1,Hangup

*********End Copy/quote

jgutierrez

You may copy that info uner the trunk configuration:
PBX -> Trunks -> IAX2 Trunk
under the outgoing section, except the line:
register => username:password@gw03.mytel.net.au
on the bottom there is a register string text box, there you shouls enter:
username:password@gw03.mytel.net.au

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts