I have only tab in my system...

e970153

Hi!

New user here. I've been trying to install Elastix and I have some issues that I hope that you can help me. First, my system:

Motherboard: Asus server Z8PE-D12X
Micros: Dual Xeon
RAM: 24GB
HD: RAID 1 Western Digital 1TB

Issues:
1.- Don't recognize my CD/DVD so I had to install Elastix from http (solved)
2.- When installation is finished I can't connect via web browser, so I had to setup the firewall to Not Activated. Then I can connect but... (solved)
3.- When I click on Users, the web server says "can't find /modules/userlist" so I've been searching the structure to copy/paste to my server (solved) but.....
4.- I only have one Tab: system, with two sub-tabs (user admin and preferences). I don't have any more...

Have I done something wrong? I've done all this process twice, but the result was the same.

Seems that I didn't have installed all the Elastix, so I made a yum update but nothing happen.

Thank you very much and sorry for my poor english. http://forum.elastix.org/old_files/elastix_problem_01.rar

Lee Sharp

I suspect that all of your issues start with number 1. By doing an http install, I think it did not work correctly. I would go back to the install phase, and try an get the CD to work. Why did it not detect? Is it SATA or USB?

e970153

The CD/DVD is IDE, not SATA and not USB. But... if the installation doesn't work fine from http... Why exist this posibility?

Besides, I had tried with other older unit and I have the same problem...

In BIOS, IDE Primary Master is configured like...
LBA supported
PIO Mode 4
Async DMA: DMA2
Ultra DMA: DMA2

e970153

Making test in others PCs, "regular" PCs, with same DVD Device but ohter motherboard, CentOs recognize the DVD without problems. So... my problem (the FIRST, xDD) is the motherboard.

The second motherboard where I've been doing tests is Asus too, but other model only-one-processor. I've compared two BIOS, SATA/IDE sections, and they are similar (same connection, same function mode, same... all!) so...

Where I touch? :) Not say "buy another motherboard", please...

Lee Sharp

I would start with a different DVD. Try a SATA or a USB. I would not be surprised if IDE is turned off or broken.

Bob

+1 what Lee just said.

Grab a SATA DVD/CD Drive which are much cheaper than a new Motherboard.

I am completing some research into this issue, and especially with some of the later motherboards, there is an issue first of all with the use of IDE Drives in combination with a SATA system. It does not affect all motherboards, but does affect Motherboards using ICH10 boards and there are others, it is also an issue with USB connected DVD Drives as well.

So if you can borrow or buy a SATA drive, it may resolve your issue. I can't guarantee it, but worth a try and let us know...in the meantime, I am still looking at this issue.

Note this is not a fault of Centos or your Motherboard, but the combination is causing an issue with the installation script, which I am working through...

Regards

Bob

e970153

Lee Sharp said:
I would start with a different DVD. Try a SATA or a USB. I would not be surprised if IDE is turned off or broken.
Tomorrow I'll keep going on with a SATA device. An external USB DVD has been tested and wasn't work.

I've been "googling" and there are people with problems intalling CentOs in a motherboard with ICH10R sata controller, like this. But that issue was solved (not in my case) in CentOs 5.0 (Elastix 2.0 is based on CentOs 5.5 right?)...

I don't have any hope...

e970153

Bob said:
+1 what Lee just said.

Grab a SATA DVD/CD Drive which are much cheaper than a new Motherboard.

I am completing some research into this issue, and especially with some of the later motherboards, there is an issue first of all with the use of IDE Drives in combination with a SATA system. It does not affect all motherboards, but does affect Motherboards using ICH10 boards and there are others, it is also an issue with USB connected DVD Drives as well.

So if you can borrow or buy a SATA drive, it may resolve your issue. I can't guarantee it, but worth a try and let us know...in the meantime, I am still looking at this issue.

Note this is not a fault of Centos or your Motherboard, but the combination is causing an issue with the installation script, which I am working through...

Regards

Bob
Exactly... I'll prove with a SATA drive. I'll post with the results... better than today I hope!.

Thank you very much!

Bob

e970153,

I would be seriously interested in your results with a SATA DVD/CD.

So please do post back with success or failure..

Regards

Bob

e970153

It's works!!!!

I found in my home a forgotten DVD SATA, witch no work properly with my home motherboard, and works at the moment... I still have to install now, but my unit is recognized without problems.

I suggest that this "issue" will be writed down in futures install guides because there are many m-boards with this "damm" sata controller.

I'll continue reporting to the end of my install with results.

Thank you very much again!

e970153

Perfect installation!

I wait not to return to write in this forum!! Only for helping

Thank you

Bob

e970153,

Thanks for your feedback.....

As I mentioned, not really a hardware fault, just the fact that it causes the kickstart file to be requested (basically to load a hardware drivers)...

The issue is that this is where the script goes wrong.

I will continue to look at the script, especially with this further verification....

Thanks

Bob

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
achilont13