I cant register with voxalot through Elastix...

rmzntrkr

Im new in Elastix-Aterisk . I

dicko

You don't say whether you can place outbound calls, which would help to clear up whether you have network problems or not, if you can, then possibly the reason that you are not registering is that you use

qualify=no

in your inbound trunk setup.

You also have disallow=all

'after' your list of allowed codecs, this is not good practice and will eventually break things.

your register string shouldn't have spaces but that is probably just your "aliasing".

There is a section called "voip providers" in the Elastix Community forum ( Voxalot, is not there yet, you will hopefully be able to add it, soon after you follow the next bit), and in that section in the "spotlight" section please read wiseoldowl's Document.:-

Code:
http://www.elastix.org/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=55&func=showcat&catid=115

(BTW, I believe you inadvertently divulged your username with voxalot)

rafael

Hi rmzntrkr,

Welcome to the Elastix forum. I am sorry not to know the answer to your question, but I move your post to a more specific forum so that it would be easier for people to help.

Regards,

Rafael

Nakkoush

dicko said:

'after' your list of allowed codecs, this is not good practice and will eventually break things.
Can you please tell us how the above is supposed to be?
I didn't get what you mean by "not a good" practice..

dicko

At the risk of sounding a little grumpy,

please note the box towards the top right of the forum page, it says "search forum", I believe most of your questions here would have been answered with a lot less pain for yourself. (this question too, try it enter, "disallow=all" in that box and see what you learn.)

wiseoldowl

Nakkoush said:
dicko said:

Can you please tell us how the above is supposed to be?
I didn't get what you mean by "not a good" practice..
What our resident grump :) should have said is, it absolutely, positively will break your trunk if used in Asterisk 1.4 or later. You could put allow before disallow when using Asterisk 1.2 or earlier, but it doesn't work now that we are using Asterisk 1.4. Does that make it clear enough for you?

(Oh, and the reason he told you to do is a search is that you might then find this thread and possibly other relevant information. Chances are you don't need anything at all in the USER section of the trunk configuration).

Nakkoush

Well, it seems that my numerous questions are somehow annoying and I will definitely reduce; Thank you all for the great support that I have had here.

@dicko, unfortunately the search engine in this forum, IMHO and I don't know how to say it, but is not as organized (easy to manipulate and find the answers)as other forums (advanced search, find by post, find by user..) and in addition it is also difficult for me with my current knowledge in this field to search the forum for a particular problem when I have not a single idea on what is causing it (ex: disallow=all) and that is why you can see my posts under newbie section; as well you can see that I did not create this post, I simply got it after searching this forum.

bluenet

Telephony Interface Hardware
Product Roundup
Product Features
PC interfaces: PCI

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member