my problem is in the sound quality(some time i don't
understand what the other person say)
i'm sure that the problem is in the router at the remote extension
it is linksys

cos when i talk to another extension it works very good

in all situations i use x-lite 4 beta. and elastix with real ip

ramoncio

Hi mancoeg, wellcome to the forum.

I'd bet you'd solve your problem configuring QoS in your network.
If you can install dd-wrt or similars into your Linksys, you can have a nice interface to configure QoS.
I'm not sure if the stock Linsys firmware will support it.

mancoeg

thanks for your answer
i understand what Qos is cos i saw it in the router end-user inteface.

but what dd-wrt stands for
is it a firmware for the router and i can install it on the router instead of its firmware

if so how can i do that

really this is new info for me and you got my attention.

last thing what is your nationality (i feel that u're itallian or spanish)
am i right?

rafael

mancoeg

actully, it is very nice community , i didn't expect this fast answer

i'm very happy to talk to both of you
Mr/Rafael and
Mr/ramoncio

i'm hassan from egypt i speak arabic and english language
if there is any thing i can help in (using my arabic lang), i'm here

thanks
hassan

ramoncio

mancoeg said:
i'm hassan from egypt i speak arabic and english language
if there is any thing i can help in (using my arabic lang), i'm here
Fine thanks, I'll contact you when I plan a trip to visit the King's Valley and the pyramids. :)

Did you solve your problem?
Have a look at your router web interface to see if it has some QoS configuration options, maybe it already has it and you don't need to flash it with dd-wrt.
Then read some docs about QoS and how to configure it into your router, and you should be ready to go.
You can also try to unplug anything else but the Elastix box from your internet router, to discard network problems, you don't need to configure QoS for this.

Could you explain a little about your hadware and internet connection speeds? Do you have the same problems using pure SIP, I mean without making use of dahdi trunks or extensions? Which VoIP provider do you use to call out?

In later questions in the forum, please try to provide all this important information into your first post, so we don't need to guess what your hardware and environment might be.

rafael

I you want to help in your language we can set a mailing list for an arabic community for Elastix. If interest mailme to rbonifaz[at]elastix.org

Regards,

Rafael

rollinsolo

Also first and foremost usually it helps to test your speeds very thoroughly, because if there is not enough speed (for even the most advanced QoS Routers you can Buy)to limit or throttle then you will spend a lot of time (not wasted of course you must learn QoS) bumping your head against the wall with the same output thinking your QoS is not working.

Here are a couple to try:

The first one you must know a lot about your system and the inner working to enter in the values but its more of a true calculator.

http://blog.asteriskguide.com/bandcalc/bandcalc.php

The second is a test. Try to figure out the first one then run the second and compare.

http://www.voipreview.org/voipspeedtester.aspx

If your Upload is very poor, regardless of whether you use sip, iax2 etc, there is has to be something for the QoS to throttle if it is not there your results will vary.

LOL, of course I could be wrong. Good Luck.

PS - If your going to try DD-WRT, or Tomato read the sites in depth and make sure you purchase the correct version of Router to support the Firmware you want to try Such as WRT54GS v1.0, 1.1, v2.0, and v3.0 all will work with almost any firmware you can throw at it.

mancoeg

hello every body

mr/ramoncio you're welcomed here in egypt any time
i'm very happy that you know something about the ancient pyramids and kings' valley.
if you really plan to visit egypt just inform me before you come i would help you to have a nice trip.

-yes my router has that Qos and i've already solved the problem and i wanna thank you for your help.

-yes i would like to tell about my elastix inviroment (hardware,voip provider ,connection speed)but till now i'm still testing that system
and every day i change something. so sure i will tell some info when i get stable on the finall thing.

- i relly learn alot from this community.

ramoncio

Nice, I'm glad you solved it!

Was it QoS the problem?
When you find a solution to any issue, please try to explain what you did, so you can help others with the same or similar problems.

My parents went to Egipt last year, and they brought hundreds of very nice pictures.
I'm quite busy right now to travel, but eventually I might get some spare time in the next five or six years to plan a trip. If our chosen destination is Egypt, I'll let you know, that is, if you are still around here in the forums by then. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti