Hyper-V Support

Discussion in 'General' started by morrisfury, Aug 5, 2010.

1. morrisfury

Hi. Does Elastix run on Microsoft Hyper-v? I am not worried about vox cards, just networking. If not, is there paid support available to integrate the Microsoft drivers into Elastix to get it working? Thanks.

Regards,
    Morris

2. Eisbaeeer

Hi

We have installed elastix since 3 years at real hardware. I tested the last 3 month with citrix xenserver 5.5:
    - the music on hold slows down and speeds up
    - you need an dummy device for timing
    - the timing of analog Fax devices are critical (smartnodes)

--> Our decision: we install asterisk on real hardware

Info: 113 Sip Devices

Greetings

3. AlanDaniel

Hi,
    I have a lot of Freeze Elastix 2.0.3 on Hyper V, I think is much better put the PBX on real HW
    Only Sip Trunks
    Phones: Cisco 7911,7940,7945,7960,7070

4. anzigo

My Hyper-V experience has had it's ups and downs, but it is now running pretty solidly.

Initial, low-load testing indicated no problems. Install 2.0.3, run yum update (after fixing the repo list!), install the Hyper-V Linux integration tools, export VM and took a copy of it to client's business place. Testing with the weekend staff uncovered no major problems, but we were instructed to perform a full switch-over to our Elastix setup from the existing (aincient) Nortel PBX ahead of schedule by the higher-ups. Things appeared fine, but we were experiencing some instability which required the VM be restarted every 3 days or so. However, we increased the RAM allocation in Hyper-V for the VM from 1GB to 2GB even though the VM appeared to be using no more than 300MB at any point in time. With that change we appear to be stable - 31 days and counting with no VM restart.

This doubling of the VM RAM allocation has also helped stabilize another non-PBX Linux Hyper-V VM. As a result, that's the first thing we try when encountering Hyper-V/Linux stability issues.

5. morrisfury

Thanks for the info Karma.
    I must say I am happy to hear this as I was not looking forward to change to another app. How about giving a non linux techie some steps on how to achive the hyper-v updates please?
    Regards,
    Morris

6. shuja.najmee

I have used Elastix on hyper-v for couple of my clients. Had no problem related to VM. as long as there is a good amount of hardware (SCSI drives and RAM) allocated to the machine ,there shouldn't be any music on hold or audio issue.

7. shuja.najmee

I have used Elastix on hyper-v for couple of my clients. Had no problem related to VM. as long as there is a good amount of hardware (SCSI drives and RAM) allocated to the machine ,there shouldn't be any music on hold or audio issue.