Hylafax Receiving to email, not Avantfax inbox

Discussion in 'General' started by itcoresys, Mar 27, 2011.

1. itcoresys

I managed to get Avantfax sending outbound and Hylafax receiving inbound but emailing it to the address on the FAX tab of Elastix and not receiving it in the inbox of the Avantfax web interface.

Am I supposed to leave the email field empty in Elastix and use only the field in the configuration of the Avantfax user?

Thanks

2. fmvillares

Please read in newbies corner the sticky post from bob fryer about how to post...as we are not magicians

3. derekivey

Hi,

I just ran into this same issue. For some reason, the Avantfax installer didn't copy a few php files to the right location.

I fixed it by creating the following symlinks:
    Code:
    ln -s /var/www/html/avantfax/includes/faxrcvd.php /var/spool/hylafax/bin/faxrcvd-avantfax.php
    ln -s /var/www/html/avantfax/includes/notify.php /var/spool/hylafax/bin/notify-avantfax.php

4. itcoresys

As it turned out, all I needed to do is reboot.

It works fine now, thanks for the help.

As for the previous comment about RTFM on how to post and being magicians, if you dont have answers or anything nice to say, then dont post any reply. Mean comments like yours are annoying and unprofessional.

Ive been pulling rabbits out of my hat since 1980 since I first used Superzap to rebuild my boot sector in NewDOS80 on my TRS-80 Model I's single sided single density 40 track floppy. (I also burned my fingers twice soldering on my new RS232 interface into my expansion card for my Commodore Vic20)

I did not ask for and do not appreciate lectures that start with RTFM.

The question was simple and the answer was simple.

The simple answer being:

After the install, reboot. Check again. Leave email in field in Elastix Fax tab, try Avantfax interface again, see if faxes arrive as expected in inbox.

Post detailed screenshots, log traces etc etc. if necessary for additional help.