Hylafax in Elastix

Discussion in 'General' started by ddommar, Jan 25, 2009.

1. ddommar

Hello All!
    I would like to know if some of you have ever tried Hylafax in Elastix. I did every step suggested in "Elastix Without Tears" and everything worked, but, sometimes I receive faxes in a erratic way. I expected it worked very well, considering that Hylafax is a professional solution.
    Is it possible that I omitted an important setting? May you give an idea about what I can check?.

Thanks in advance!

2. DaveD

Need some more information such as

In what way is it behaving eratic

Are you using NVFax or Zaptel to detect incoming faxes

A little more info about erratic will help

3. ddommar

Ok DaveD, I´ve used both NVFAx and Zaptel. I am using zaptel trunks. When I say "erratic" I mean that sometimes I receive good faxes and bad faxes in other times.

Thanks for your time!

4. ddommar

So....?? Has anybody experienced any issue with Hylafax when receiving faxes?

5. dicko

I find both Hylafax and hylafax+ to be both solid, their origin is to support hardware fax modems, in Elastix the excellent iaxmodem is used as a software drop-in fax-modem but iaxmodem is a continually evolving piece of software so check your version and update if necessary.

following the /var/spool/hylafax/logs/* files while a fax transmission is going on will give you great insight as to what is breaking.