HylaFax Email Notification, Need to strip PDF

DigiPBX

Hi All,

I really need some help figuring out an issue that i have with a client. Currently they get email notifications of faxes but they dont want the file/pdf emailed. They still want to get a notification email just without an attachment (for security reasons).

I assume i would have to edit /var/spool/hylafax/bin/faxrcvd-elastix.php or /var/spool/hylafax/bin/notify-elastix.php but the files arent in english so i dont really know what to edit.

I appreciate any input!

Thanks
Digi
Elastix 1.6

fmvillares

all the programming languages are english based for the others u could use google translate!!!

DigiPBX

Tried to convert it and still don't understand what i would need to edit to strip the attachments. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Digi

fmvillares

did you look at the variables of the vm_xxxxxxx.conf files????

DigiPBX

I looked at the vm_xxxxxxx.conf files and it seems it only controls voicemail emails. Is there a similar file for the hylafax fax to email config. Im just looking to strip fax attachments from fax emails.
Digi

fmvillares

sorry was my mistake...........correct answer to wrong post...........yes, when creating iaxmodems do not put a ny emails and voila...but u dont get notifications only...with that mechanism...also

DigiPBX

I still need to get the notification email. Any other suggestions?
Digi

fmvillares

dicko

Looking at

/var/spool/hylafax/bin/faxrcvd.php

there is a call to send_mail that includes the variable $pdffile, I suggest you might start there and maybe send it a null instead

I seem to remember that Elastix also does some overides on the original hylafax faxrcvd but I use Avantfax so perhaps in my case that behavior was reverted to the original.

DigiPBX

Excellent!!! you pointed me in the right direction and it worked perfectly.

Here is what i did:
I edited the /var/spool/hylafax/bin/faxrcvd.php-elastix.php (the faxrcvd.php in that same directory just referenced this file)

I took a look at line 66 of "faxrcvd.php-elastix.php":
"enviar_mail_adjunto($destinatario,$titulo,$contenido,$remite,$remitente,$archivo,$archivo_name);"

I edited line 66 and removed "$archivo," so line 66 now looks like:
"enviar_mail_adjunto($destinatario,$titulo,$contenido,$remite,$remitente,$archivo_name);"

rebooted server and now i get email notifications of faxes received without the attachments exactly how i needed it.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Problem is solved.

Digi

dicko

That might throw an error into the log as you replace

$archivo,$archivo_name

with

$archivo,$archivo_name

I don't know how the function is implemented but if it accepts null as arguments you should probably leave out $archivo_name also, either way, if it works . . . .

DigiPBX

Took out "$archivo_name" from line 66 as well since what you said made sense. It works either way.
Karma to you!
Digi

dicko

Thank you, JFTHOI, when you hack, hack cleanly :) :)

fmvillares

always a charm my friend dick!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mai Tuyen