Hylafax/Avantfax PDF Page Size

Bullfrog

After testing Elastix for many months, I have been using Elastix in production for about 2 months now and am in the process of setting up the fax server.

For the most part, everything has gone as expected. Elastix without Tears has proved very valuable in helping me through the setup of my system. However, I have run in to one problem:

Faxing was initially setup through the Fax tab in Elastix. Everything worked fine and pdf files were emailed as I expected. However, the Avantfax web interface for managing faxes in Hylafax seemed much better than the Elastix solution. I installed Avantfax using ramoncio's rpms. They worked very well. However, when Avantfax emails the pdf file, the fax seems to be shifted up and to the left slightly. This causes the header data to get cut off in the pdf.

Interestingly, when I view the Inbox on the Avantfax web interface, the .tiff image of the fax is correct, but the resulting pdf is incorrect. Thus, it seems that the error is occurring during the conversion to pdf. I know that Elastix and Avantfax use process the received faxes differently because each has its own faxrcvd.php file. Since the structure of each is quite different, I cannot figure out why Elastix is processing the pdf correctly, but Avantfax is not.

I have searched the forums at Elastix.org, hylafax.org and avantfax.com, but have not found anything addressing my specific issue. For what it is worth, I am located in the United States. So, we do use the North American Letter size instead of the a4 size that ramoncio's files default to.

Does anyone have any ideas to help me solve this problem? Thank you very much! B)

dicko

You will also maybe notice that the Date string does not reflect your locale.

/var/www/html/avantfax/includes/local_config.php

is your answer.

Bullfrog

dicko,

Thank you very much. You were correct, my Date string did not reflect my locale. I guess I had overlooked it or assumed that it did not affect the pdf file. So, I corrected the Date string according to your suggestion and my pdf's from AvantFAX do appear correct.

I forgot to mention earlier that I also have the AvantFAX faxid Annotation enabled in the 'south' of the fax. In some of my testing, this annotation seemed to cause varying results. But, even with this annotation enabled, the pdf's seem correct after I modified the /var/www/html/avantfax/includes/local_config.php file to reflect the correct Date string.

We receive a heavy volume of faxes between 5:00 pm and midnight, so I will confirm everything is fixed tomorrow morning. There is one vendor in particular whose faxes are really goofed up when received and processed through both Elastix and AvantFAX. However, the resulting pdf from AvantFAX was even worse than what I received from Elastix. Hopefully this took care of that issue also!

dicko

The date format was ONE locale specific setting in that file. I hope you changed A4 Tto letter also ;)

You can similarly edit

/var/spool/hylafax/etc/FaxDispatch

to do all sorts of wonderful things to manipulate the tiff file (raw fax) ,
for example I use

/usr/bin/fax2ps -W 8.5 -H 10.675 $FILE | psmark -s 80 -f ariel -b 0.9 -r 45 "` date '+%D %R'`"| lpr -P cleverqueue # Print to the cleverqueue

which will force it to letter size with a bit of room, and watermark the fax with the date/time then print it to a virtual printer which is actually a php html based viewer.

You are only limited by your imagination.

dicko

p.s. psmark originally from antitachyon

http://www.sourcefiles.org/Utilities/Mi ... 2.1.tar.gz

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti